Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should i tune first?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should i tune first?

Hi so im questioning if it will be okay to run my ams uicp with my exhaust, test pipe and intake using the stock maf without a tune? Right now im running 14.7 afr idle with my exhaust intake and test pipe
Old Jan 26, 2021, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
You’re gonna throw some CEL’s that’s for sure. And depending what year your car is, it might end up leaning itself out at WOT. I suggest tuning it to not only be safe but have it make more power and run better too
Old Jan 26, 2021, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had my car with an ets open aifilter catt delete and crushed oem diverter valve did logs with evoscan never had 1 single knock count but yes get a tune car will run much better i suggest rickerman tuning you can find him in facebook does a great job.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by six40
You’re gonna throw some CEL’s that’s for sure. And depending what year your car is, it might end up leaning itself out at WOT. I suggest tuning it to not only be safe but have it make more power and run better too
I did not throw any cells cause i used a fauler to seperate the rear 02sensor. And my car was not lean it became pig rich cause it saw more boost equals more fuel in the stock tune
Old Jan 31, 2021, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had uicp and exhaust without tune, seems fine. But I have just invested some money on open source tune.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi basically having your car with Exhaust, Test Pipe, Intake, and the UICP what's really happening is you are not getting the full potentials with your mods, you'll not get a ton of power with those mods but definitely a better response and smoother engine. I would start saving for a tune and/or wait for more mods for tuning but not driving to aggressive my 2 cents.
Ron
Old Feb 4, 2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ron Rod
Hi basically having your car with Exhaust, Test Pipe, Intake, and the UICP what's really happening is you are not getting the full potentials with your mods, you'll not get a ton of power with those mods but definitely a better response and smoother engine. I would start saving for a tune and/or wait for more mods for tuning but not driving to aggressive my 2 cents.
Ron
thank you! Im planning on getting a tune i just needed to let my friend borrow my stock uicp so i was hoping i wasnt gonna blow my engine for that week or two without a stock uicp
Old Feb 4, 2021, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, you are not going to blow your engine with the aftermarket Upper pipe, Forced air from the turbo is what passing though, goes to your stock intercooler, and then goes back to your engine, with the stock UICP yes is more tight/ reduce, etc but what makes difference with the aftermarket is mass/ volume (air). now if you do fuel pump, injectors, bigger intercooler 4 inch or more, those mods are more dangerous, but definitely get it tune is the best and smarter way to go along with the mods is like having a oranges but actually get the juice from them lol.
Ron
Old Feb 4, 2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ron Rod
Nah, you are not going to blow your engine with the aftermarket Upper pipe, Forced air from the turbo is what passing though, goes to your stock intercooler, and then goes back to your engine, with the stock UICP yes is more tight/ reduce, etc but what makes difference with the aftermarket is mass/ volume (air). now if you do fuel pump, injectors, bigger intercooler 4 inch or more, those mods are more dangerous, but definitely get it tune is the best and smarter way to go along with the mods is like having a oranges but actually get the juice from them lol.
Ron
yeah haha i get it well thank you definitely will be tuning it soon!
The following users liked this post:
Ron Rod (Feb 4, 2021)