Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!
I have a Blitz mirror drive gauge and followed the wiring instructions here, everything works except gauge won't completely turn off with car. Instead, it dims and buttons are still functional. Tried remove constant power, gauge turns on and off with car perfectly, but no memory function since no consistent power.

Please help! Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 03:11 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by djl601
Hi all!
I have a Blitz mirror drive gauge and followed the wiring instructions here, everything works except gauge won't completely turn off with car. Instead, it dims and buttons are still functional. Tried remove constant power, gauge turns on and off with car perfectly, but no memory function since no consistent power.

Please help! Thanks in advance!
swap the red and yellow wires, JDM gauge products use the exact opposite colors we do for 12v and 12v switched
Old Jan 3, 2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ikt
swap the red and yellow wires, JDM gauge products use the exact opposite colors we do for 12v and 12v switched
Happy New Year ikt, and thanks for the suggestion! I'm fully aware of it, so I swap the wires when install.

This is how I wire it,

When turn on,

When shut off,

Please help! Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 01:20 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djl601
Happy New Year ikt, and thanks for the suggestion! I'm fully aware of it, so I swap the wires when install.

This is how I wire it,

When turn on,

When shut off,

Please help! Thanks!
you've still got voltage coming from somehwere

try tapping a different fuse, perhaps run it behind the deck
Old Mar 15, 2014, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I've been trying to get my AEM installed but I'm worried that I have the right hose and also if I am looking in the right place I don't think the supplied T fitting is going to work. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to use? Here are pictures of the T Fitting and the hose AEM supplied and the hose that I am planning on tapping into. Let me know if this looks right.

Name:  PhotoMar1565220PM.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  56.5 KB

Last edited by koolzero; Mar 15, 2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 06:42 PM

This is incredible! I was wondering how to route it as I couldn't find any grommets on the firewall. Thank you.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by koolzero
I've been trying to get my AEM installed but I'm worried that I have the right hose and also if I am looking in the right place I don't think the supplied T fitting is going to work. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to use? Here are pictures of the T Fitting and the hose AEM supplied and the hose that I am planning on tapping into. Let me know if this looks right.

No it wont work since the supplied hose and fitting are 1/8" in size and the hose where your suppose to tap is 1/4" in size. I ended up getting a 1/4" all around brass fitting (much better than cheap plastic that came with AEM) and a 1/4" vacuum hose, works good!

I'll can take a picture if you want me to.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:25 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by koolzero

just put it inline with the BOV
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

sweet and simple, gonna save this
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Good guide.. I recommend getting the add-a-circuit.. much easier and cleaner.

Also, the plastic T that comes with most boost gauges sucks.. got a nice 1/4" brass one from hardware store.

Old Sep 22, 2014, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the Defi Advanced CR Boost gauge this weekend, here are a couple things I learned. For one the T fitting supplied doesn’t fit.

The Evo X vacuum lines up by the BOV are 6mm, and the T fitting is a 4mm (as is the Defi vacuum line).
The 4mm felt way to loose in the 6mm hose.

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-bhkjviv.jpg

I went to NAPA and got a 1/4 T fitting, and the end that went to the Defi vacuum line I shaved down with a utility razor blade, and it fit just fine.

NAPA also has a package of spring clamps, and those fit nicely on all three sides.

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-yixmybn.jpg

I also bolted the sensor on the firewall like most people do, then I ran it along the front under the heat/sound material (basically the red line on the photo below) (the red circle photo you can see where the connector is for the final cable run) and down into the grommet behind the glove box. That grommet isn’t hard to pull out, or re-install, you just need some long screw drivers. I drilled a hole in the center to fit the line, then dialed in the length, pulled it through from the inside, then went back into the engine bay and seated it.

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-cygx9ga.jpg

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-cgjtkfe.jpg

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-jnyvx54.jpg

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-nmzqezv.jpg

Name:  eeA3deX.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  203.9 KB

Grommet
Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-monc6hx.jpg
Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-uopud1n.jpg

NAPA part numbers
705-1300 Hose Corbin Clamp Kit
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/GenuinePartsCompany/NWMDC?$Product=GenuinePartsCompany/1478727

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-tuxiwgg.png

NBH-9931 "1/4 Tee Connector"
Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-dsp2idr.png

And just for the hell of it, my controller mounting location.
Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell-iitdm9i.jpg

I'm waiting on my Ortiz M45 gauge mount (by the speed-o and tach) to come in so the gauge isn't actually mounted yet, I just did all the pluming this weekend.

Last edited by Psybin; Sep 22, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 07:44 PM

Will this exact method of install work with the AEM digital boost gauge?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by scott08X
Will this exact method of install work with the AEM digital boost gauge?
Yup, its the method I used on my AEM install.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saving for later!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 07:11 PM

Thanks for doing this writeup! I've been wanting to do mine and this way doesn't seem so bad. Clean work

Quick Reply: Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell