Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics

Hello All,

I’ve seen the pics of the Ralliart taillights and I knew I had to have them especially on the WW. I wondered how easy/hard are they to install. Here a couple pics and tips to help with the installation. If you are a master tech and you’ve done this a million times skip over this thread its not for you.

Here’s the list of tools I used obviously you can use different ones to get the same job done.

3/8 Ratchet w/ 10mm deep socket
Flathead Screwdriver
Phillips Screwdriver (optional see below)
Rubber mallet/Hammer
Plastic wedge or similar

Inner Housing

1. Start with a cleaned out trunk makes it easier we will start with the top liner. These are the clips you need the Flathead Screwdriver for. I used a small electronics one helps get underneath the clips

2. Remove these 7 clips then remove the liner. Should look like this.

3. Unplug these two connectors on both sides then remove this wire holder style clip. Here are the 10mm bolts you need the deep socket for (or similar)

4. Now to remove the lights here’s where the rubber mallet comes in (or similar)

5. Hold the top of the lights and give each screw a slight tap again a slight tap.

6. Light should pop out of the push clips that hold it in. That’s why your holding the top of the light housing so it doesn’t fly out LOL.

7. Now replace with the newer nicer units when your tightening the 10mm bolts you’ll feel the light go into the push clips give it a little push to seat it properly and be sure to plug in all connectors and replace the trunk liner your done

Continued:
Attached Thumbnails Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-003.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-004.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-006.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-007.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-008.jpg  

Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:22 PM

Ralliart Install cont

This is the optional step It just gives you more room to get to the connector.

(Optional )Remove trunk mat and carboard I also removed the jack then use the Phillips screwdriver to remove these two screws to remove the Styrofoam holder.
Attached Thumbnails Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-009.jpg  
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:26 PM

Now the Outer housing

1.Unscrew these two clips on each side so you can access the connectors for the lights. Undo the connectors.

2. Now remove the two screws. These lights are a little tricky that’s where the plastic wedge comes in (or similar). Place the wedge carefully between the light housing and the body. Be sure not to scratch the paint. Be patient little by little it will release itself from the push clips. Now remove light.

3. When replacing this light be sure to install the rubber seal properly to keep water out. Give the lights a little push to seat them properly back in the push clips.

4. Plug the connectors back in and reinstall all screws and clips. Install all the other stuff jack holder etc then your done….

5. Now sit back and admire your new more aggressive look. Btw WW is the best color LOL.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-010.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-012.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-002.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-013.jpg   Ralliart Taillight Install w/pics-ralliart-install-005.jpg  

Last edited by ZX-10RR; Mar 1, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

cool
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

nice
Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:21 PM

good job!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

People really need a how to for this. WOW. I just did mine two days ago and took all of but 10 minutes. Took me longer to unpack the box it came shipped in.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Nice!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by THEMEMPHISFORCE
People really need a how to for this. WOW. I just did mine two days ago and took all of but 10 minutes. Took me longer to unpack the box it came shipped in.
Some people are new modding and may need a push in the right direction or may not know how easy it is and that they can do it themselves. I would never complain that someone took the time to put up a How To for their fellow board members. Thanks to the OP!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

^+1
Old Mar 2, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Good work - this is what the forum is all about
Old Mar 2, 2009, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Well done. I still can't decide if I like the RA tails or not...
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

gud job.. looks great
Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Good Work!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you