Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

how to install different front seats - with no fault codes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by antics22
2ohm 1/2 watt resistors are a bit tough to locate. I did what the OP did. Got 5 10ohm 1/2 watt resistors and wired them together in parallel.

You can also try 2ohm 1/4 watt resistors which are easier to find and the more common factor they come in.

1:

2:

3:
this below 1/2W 2.0 ohm i found on radioshack will work?
http://www.radioshack.com/nte-hw2d0-...l#.VI92UMkYHBk
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:08 AM

bump!!!!

waiting for the answer.
Originally Posted by ericmie520
this below 1/2W 2.0 ohm i found on radioshack will work?
http://www.radioshack.com/nte-hw2d0-...l#.VI92UMkYHBk
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Those will most likely work. I used these which have the same specs, just different supplier.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 04:26 PM

thank you.
Originally Posted by Sawdust
Those will most likely work. I used these which have the same specs, just different supplier.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Helllooooo bride seats =) Thanks for info
Old Apr 27, 2015, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome write up, thank you!
Old May 17, 2015, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

So I just did this swap and that damn air bag light came on. Any ideas? I swapped the bottom bracket with weight sensors and ECU to the new passenger seat. I'm assuming the system will still function. Will the air bags still work if I'm in an accident?

Please help! Thank you.
Old May 24, 2015, 06:18 PM

Great write up, very helpful
Old May 31, 2015, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good, a simple enough solution to what I dislike the most about my '15
Old May 31, 2015, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by MRevolutionX
So I just did this swap and that damn air bag light came on. Any ideas? I swapped the bottom bracket with weight sensors and ECU to the new passenger seat. I'm assuming the system will still function. Will the air bags still work if I'm in an accident?

Please help! Thank you.
Sorry that I'm not able to give any info for you, but did you ever get this resolved. Ive been looking for a set of Recaros to swap into my '15, but don't want to deal with the lights.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jpwalker90
Sorry that I'm not able to give any info for you, but did you ever get this resolved. Ive been looking for a set of Recaros to swap into my '15, but don't want to deal with the lights.
Yeah, I got it figured out. Apparently, the Lancer GT seats (2015 seats) are a little different from the Recaros (besides the obvious). The driver seat belt receptacle (not the technical name) has a 4 pin connector, and although the one on the Recaros is the same connector, it only has 2 pins. See the attached picture. It seems that only the driver one differs, not the passenger.

However, the metal stamping that the seat belt receptacle is attached to is longer on the GT seats than the Recaros, so the receptacle sits a little high than it should (~1"). It isn't anything you would notice if you didn't know (or you might not notice when doing the install even), I just set them next to each other and happened to see that.

I replaced both driver and passenger sides just to be uniform for that reason. I will say the GT cable is also 2-3" longer, but that doesn't matter.

So basically, just swap the seat belt receptacles (you'll need a 17mm socket, a long ratchet, and quite a bit of strength). My SRS light went on since I didn't know this, and after I fixed it, the error cleared itself, no dealer visit necessary. Of course, also make sure to switch the passenger weight sensors. Be sure to do all that with the negative battery terminal disconnected.
Attached Thumbnails how to install different front seats - with no fault codes-img_20150531_194700094.jpg  
Old Jun 16, 2015, 02:11 AM

By swap the seat belt recepticles, do you mean swap the RA recepticles to the new recaros?

I finally picked up a set of recaros but the driver's side seat is missing the recepticle.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

By swap the seat belt recepticles, do you mean swap the RA recepticles to the new recaros?

I finally picked up a set of recaros but the driver's side seat is missing the recepticle.
In short, yes. Keep whatever receptacles that came with the car in the car.

Apparently the Recaro seats have a 2 wire/pin connector, whicle the Lancer GT seats (2015 Evo seats) have a 4 pin connector. I don't know about the RAs specifically, but whatever style the car came with, it needs to keep. So, to be safe, no matter what seat you used to have or are switching to, just keep your OEM belt receptacles in the car and ditch the ones from your new seats. That's your best bet.

Now after thinking about it though, I guess if you started with a 2 pin connector (Recaro) and switched it to a 4 pin connector (GT seats), the extra 2 pins just wouldn't do anything, so your car would be fine. But, who would switch from Recaros to GT seats anyways???
Old Jun 18, 2015, 04:01 AM

Yeah I got it figured out, thanks.

Sucks that I found out after install fhat the passenger side has a broken bracket on the base of the seat (not the rail) . Now I have to pull it back out and hopefully find someone to tig weld the bracket.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I got it figured out, thanks.

Sucks that I found out after install fhat the passenger side has a broken bracket on the base of the seat (not the rail) . Now I have to pull it back out and hopefully find someone to tig weld the bracket.
I know what that's like... I had to unbolt mine to switch the seat belts due to that SRS error light.

Quick Reply: how to install different front seats - with no fault codes