Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How To Install FUSE into a Non FUSE lancer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aclymer
I didn't take any pictures (sorry), but just remember that the pin #s are L->R looking at the FEMALE socket. I wired mine with the pin #s reversed the first time, luckily it didn't ruin my BT module. You'll need 22 AWG wire (~0.3 - 0.5 mm^2) for the three new wires. On my plug the Black/White wire is the "Mass" wire in the pdf from page 1.

I also took the time to remove the pins, just popped the lock bar up and used a flattened needle in the small slot above the pin to release the pins. It's well worth the effort. Be careful not to ground the Red/White wire unless you like replacing fuses.

If you could have taken 1 pic that would have been awesome.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Well I depinned the oem connector in my 2010 SE and I depinned the first 28 pin male connector and when I tried to reinstall the oem wires into the new connector I am having a tough time and they just won't slide right in.
I'll try the other 28 pin connector I have and see if I have any better luck.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Just got the wiring done to the best of my capabilities and put the radio back in and turned the accessorie on and the radio came on but when I pushed the info button I still didn't have the option for mobile phone.

I thought I had potential reverse pinned the 28 pin connector and swapped everything reverse and still no luck.
Come to find out that I had them pinned correctly, so now I have to swap them back again. At one point the mmcs screen was on and then the display suddenly shut off and now I can't get the mmcs to light up again. I don't think the fuse is blown because if I push the open button the face drops down and opens.
So confused and lost right now.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aclymer
I finally got this mod to work, but had some trouble getting there. I have one note for everyone:

The pin numbers are all based on the FEMALE side of the connection. Don't use the pin numbers on the connector. If you are looking at the female side of the connection, the count starts top - right to left, then down a row, and right to left again. So this means the male connector (the one you have to move all the wires to) is read from the back as if it was plugged into the female connector.

Good luck! It works great!

PS Pull you radio fuse or battery cable before messing with the plug. I blew my fuse when the red/white wire touched ground. OOPS

This post is so confusing to me if you could post a picture it would be helpful in a major way.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

I just noticed the pdf says 2007/2009 does this apply to 2010 as well?

Now the car won't even turn on or start.........
Old Mar 17, 2017, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Got the car started.
Was a dead battery.
Bump for help
Old Mar 19, 2017, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

I think it's a lose connection. This was one reason I decided against depinning them, I felt they would not be the same.

I am no expert but I got it to work on the first try, you should be able to as well.

Use my pic as reference
Old Mar 19, 2017, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Got it all squared away and working.
When I find some time I am going to post new pictures in this thread for future reference for new people going to attempt this.

Also not all cars including my 2010 SE have a pink wire from the factory in slot 17 on the small connector going to the mmcs. Although I did run a wire from slot 15 on the fuse Bluetooth unit directly to slot 17.

Last edited by Ude Lose; Mar 19, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

The only issue that I'm having now is that the canbus driver list of equipment is empty.
I can't get anything to show up on it. Any ideas? Does the dealer have to activate that portion?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

There shouldn't be a need to visit the dealer. Although my car is a 2008, the gentleman helping me had a 2012.

This is why I am clueless on why your harness would be different.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

You mean the Bluetooth harness?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

One where u said u didn't have a pink wire
Old Mar 22, 2017, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Oh the small wire that was secured under the dash from mitsu.
I believe we came to the conclusion that the reason why I was missing the pink wire in slot 17 is because my 2010 SE didn't come with the Rockford upgraded stereo system with amplifier from mitsubishi ....
Old Mar 22, 2017, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Tonight I tried to install the oem sirius unit since I had the wire just hanging there anyway. So I plugged the unit in and the icon did not appear. Maybe I will try doing a hard reboot on the system and see if that helps.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

maybe the canbus is fried?

Quick Reply: How To Install FUSE into a Non FUSE lancer