Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

how to: racing harness brackets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how to: racing harness brackets

Hey guys I figured I'd make this post in an effort to save some of you some time. I'm a student on a budget, so I decided to make my own racing harness mounts now for this project I had access to engineering software that allowed me to simulate the resistance strength of the mounts I made. but with that said I don't actually know how much force my mounts need to resist in case of an accident I only know what they can resist so I do suggest still wearing the OEM seatbelt over your harness just in case. ( stay safe ) with that said here is my work.

I designed the brackets to fit and be bolted down where the seats bolts down to the frame (i also checked and the seat bolts are still long enough to be used safely) i used regular old angle iron to make theses and did the simulation with the tecnical properties of that steel so anything stronger should theoretically be better.

technical drawings of the mounts

this is what the mounts look like after a 1 ton force is applied to them

this is what the mounts should look like

here they are mounted to the bottom of the seats

The following users liked this post:
tsapi (Dec 17, 2022)