Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Tint or No Tint
Tint everything, including windshield
19.05%
Tint everything, except windshield
72.62%
Do not tint, looks better stock
8.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

To Tint or Not To Tint a WW X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To Tint or Not To Tint a WW X

Please VOTE... and explain (if you have time) why you picked what you did. thx in advance

I just passed the 500mile mark on my WW GSR and am starting to mod. I am seriously considering window tinting but I haven't owned a white car before. I honestly don't know if I should just keep it stock or tint the windows to 20% with the windshield at about 50% aswell... or without. (I konw it's illegal but have buddies that have done it on their 8s without and problems for years). I'm honestly afraid that since the windows are a lot smaller that previous evo's... it might look kinda weird if they were tinted.. especially on a white evo.. Maybe I'm just thinking about this too much and I just need to do it... I don't know.. Just want to see what you guys would do in my shoes. Thanks in advance and sorry for the run on sentences... lol in a hurry... now i just gotta figure out how to make this a poll... lol

Last edited by gotevo?; Feb 21, 2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:04 PM

you may wanna read up... i think a few people have been having issues with the window tint becoming scratched up from something on the inside of the door.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, talked to the window tinting guys (ultamite window tinting) and they said they know about the problem and have to install some kind of rollers ... is that bad? my appt is tomorrow ... crap.. help?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well...I think a tint on most cars are needed...just as a personal preference...but I would stay in whatever guidelines your state has for opacity...mine are 35% which is a little on the light side but just enough tint...oh, and tinting your windshield is just retarded IMHO
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:58 PM

I say from previous experience, tint the back window as dark as u can and keep the back doors and front doors with a light tint. It gives u better visibility and alot harder to notice its tinted by the cops. Dont even think about doing the front windshield thats just a safety issue.

Last edited by DC5->EVO; Feb 19, 2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

OK... front windshield is out of the question... lol. Those rollers make any diff? i mean they are adding weight... lol!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:16 PM

i think it would look good
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

tint it keeps the car cool inside and looks good only if you tint all four my .02
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

50% would be perfect, since the interior is black - you only need a little bit of tint to really set the car off. I had it on my WW IX MR, and it was perfect. Just got that smoked look and looked plenty dark. People that say its too light have never had the ***** to try it
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you for all of your inputs so far... it'll be much easier for me to choose come tomorrow... yay.. after that, time for some gunmetal rims... then a drop... then full bolt ons... then TRACK.. heh
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'll post pics once done... heh
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Heres pics of my tinted WW X.

i personally like it
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet. You should like it. Looks nice, simple, & clean, just the way I like them.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Tinting is definately a good idea on any WW Evo. I say do everything except the windshield and trust me on that.

I have 5% all around and at night it's impossible to see out. How I haven't crashed is beyond me. DON'T TINT THE FRONT!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

DrasticK.. your car looks AWESOME.. to say the least!! I'm doing it... have the appt. in 2 hours.. will take pics tomorrow in daylight and post em... I'm def doing them all around @ 20% but still unsure of the windshield... the tint shop says they have a couple of cars there that have the windshield tinted and a couple that dont so i can see if it's really something that would give that little extra detail... we'll see. Thanks again everyone that has voted and took the time to write... ty!

DrasticK, you didn't tint your windshield did u? And did you get the rollers installed so that your tint doesn't get scratched? I guess it's a problem with the new lancer and evo.

Last edited by gotevo?; Feb 20, 2008 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: To Tint or Not To Tint a WW X