Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New TWM shift knob, first one shipped and not even out on the website yet!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice I may one just like yours btw, do you have the TMW short shifter as well? If you do, how do you like it? I'm trying to decide between TMW's or Work's short shifter....
Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:27 PM

nice looking shift knob!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sylnraul_evox
Looks nice I may one just like yours btw, do you have the TMW short shifter as well? If you do, how do you like it? I'm trying to decide between TMW's or Work's short shifter....
I have the works, but they are basically the same. They both relocate the shift arm to the left for a more central/slightly left orientation to aleviate the ackward RHD position that is present in stock form. I also have the works console shifter bushings and AMS aluminum shifter cable bushings. With all of these parts combined with the slightly counterweighted knob, the shifting feel is fantastic in my car. I highly recommend getting all of these parts together because as great as they are by themselves, the cumulative effect when they are combined is outstanding.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
I highly recommend getting all of these parts together because as great as they are by themselves, the cumulative effect when they are combined is outstanding.
+1 I have the full WORKS setup (short shifter, under-hood and console bushings) and it's excellent. The package improves both shifting feel and execution. Whether you go with the WORKS or TWM you won't be disappointed.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:15 PM

Love TWM products, had one on a previous car and it was just the best.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

That looks great, I'm so sick of the burnt titanium look. The gear pattern engraving is a nice touch. If I didn't spend a ton on the interior sport kit, I'd be all over this.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man. I hear you on the burnt titanium look; I feel the same way. Even if you spent a chunk on the interior package, you could still hang on to the e-brake portion of the kit. And, anothing to consider is that with the insert system of TWM shift knobs, you can take this knob with you when you buy a new car. All you need is to buy a 5 dollar insert that is threaded for the new car and you're done. No more buying a new knob every time you buy a new car! Food for thought... Anyway, thanks again to everyone for all the compliments. I was debating whether or not to even make this thread because I figured no one would even care about my little ole shift knob, but the response has been great. It's the little things in life...
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

looks nice...
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Wow! Just wow. Been looking for something to replace this OEM aluminum crap and this is it. Really like the way it looks in the car. Also like the short shifter. Are you thinking about changing the boot too?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that boot is an eyesore. But, I still haven't found a good option out there that suits me. Most of the boots available are suede, and I want one that is leather. Stipulations beyond that, I want the stiching pattern that comes in from the four corners, not the ones that are stiched in the middle like the OEM, and I want the leather to be untextured and somewhat matte in finish, so as to match the leather on the steering wheel. Like I said, I'm picky . Thanks for the compliments on the knob though man. If you get it, I think you will be very happy with it.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

^ Did you try RedlineGoods? They seem to have endless combinations available for stitching patterns/leather texture/colors, etc. I'll be getting a boot from them for sure.