Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

BlackTop Aero EVO X Rear Bumper Extension w/ Canard *** ON White EVO X ****

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 04:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R0ME0
Sequential doesn't make them in Carbon just FYI...so this might be a good alternative. I'm normally against knockoffs myself.

Ravspec - Will this fit with the Seibon Carbon Rear Difusser? I heard that it doesn't? Can you please confirm? I may be interested
The fact that it's a different material is a completely moot point. They still stole the design.
Old May 14, 2009, 08:21 PM
Former Sponsor

hahah, have we done something to **** you off in the past ? Yes we are guilty of using their design, but that doesn't mean our products are not as good as theirs. Actually I dare to say that our production pieces are better than what they have to offer (not mention at a significantly lower cost.)

To answer your previous question, why is it so hard to make your own design ...

Two things, funding and experience. Why are Japan always the place where all the new design originated ? Because they have years and years of experiences and the funding to do it.

We are not a huge company, our funding are limited, but we do what we need to survive and to further improve and advance.

We have started in making our own design including the rear bumper extension for the GRB STI, rear diffuser for the GRB STI , G37 etc ....

Everything are about progress ... it takes time to learn and then to improve.

A few good example is SEIBON. SEIBON started out as a company that copy design from C-West, Top Secret and other famous Japanese brands. However, they have improved the production technology for carbon fiber products and NOW SEIBON products are being sold back to HKS Kansai in Japan.

I don't see any differences between the path we took and SEIBON.

I hope I answer all your questions, and if any way we have cross you in the past, I do apologize.

Last edited by RavSpec; May 14, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 14, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
could you pls detail what is involved in installing this?
Old May 14, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RavSpec
hahah, have we done something to **** you off in the past ? Yes we are guilty of using their design, but that doesn't mean our products are not as good as theirs. Actually I dare to say that our production pieces are better than what they have to offer (not mention at a significantly lower cost.)

To answer your previous question, why is it so hard to make your own design ...

Two things, funding and experience. Why are Japan always the place where all the new design originated ? Because they have years and years of experiences and the funding to do it.

We are not a huge company, our funding are limited, but we do what we need to survive and to further improve and advance.

We have started in making our own design including the rear bumper extension for the GRB STI, rear diffuser for the GRB STI , G37 etc ....

Everything are about progress ... it takes time to learn and then to improve.

A few good example is SEIBON. SEIBON started out as a company that copy design from C-West, Top Secret and other famous Japanese brands. However, they have improved the production technology for carbon fiber products and NOW SEIBON products are being sold back to HKS Kansai in Japan.

I don't see any differences between the path we took and SEIBON.

I hope I answer all your questions, and if any way we have cross you in the past, I do apologize.

Admitting to stealing a design. You should have just not replied because now you and your company look like theives.
Old May 14, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by danielskshin

Admitting to stealing a design. You should have just not replied because now you and your company look like theives.
Please. There are tons of stolen designs out there - Rexpeed, for example, is very popular on this site and many of their products are Ralliart replicas - because there is significant demand for them. Get over it.
Old May 14, 2009, 09:21 PM
Former Sponsor

there is nothing to hide ... we did copy their design.
Old May 14, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

If you are going to pick on Ravspec, you might as well write your life story to seibon, wheel dude, rexspeed, Hyundai, and the rest of China about how distaste you are about their work ethics...At least Ravspec is being honest, while most of the vendors I listed would simply ignore your call outs. If Sequential where really concerned, they can address this through legal means, but before that, or if it will ever happen for that matter, I will be enjoying their voltex replica front lip without paying through my butt!
Old May 14, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
Please. There are tons of stolen designs out there - Rexpeed, for example, is very popular on this site and many of their products are Ralliart replicas - because there is significant demand for them. Get over it.
Exactly and sadly I own one of their products and it fits like **** and literally cracked in half.

Originally Posted by jackygor
If you are going to pick on Ravspec, you might as well write your life story to seibon, wheel dude, rexspeed, Hyundai, and the rest of China about how distaste you are about their work ethics...At least Ravspec is being honest, while most of the vendors I listed would simply ignore your call outs. If Sequential where really concerned, they can address this through legal means, but before that, or if it will ever happen for that matter, I will be enjoying their voltex replica front lip without paying through my butt!
I think I've already put in my input about Seibon, Rotas, and Rexpeed. So, nice try.

Yeah, I'm sure if they weren't 5000+ miles away they would have something to say about it.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Exactly and sadly I own one of their products and it fits like **** and literally cracked in half.

I think I've already put in my input about Seibon, Rotas, and Rexpeed. So, nice try.

Yeah, I'm sure if they weren't 5000+ miles away they would have something to say about it.
Curious why you purchase rexpeed product at first, knowing it's a stolen design ?
Old May 14, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RavSpec
Curious why you purchase rexpeed product at first, knowing it's a stolen design ?
Because a buddy of mine wanted it and said he could get a better deal if he purchased more parts from them. So, I thought I'd help him out. Believe me I have my regrets too.

Plus the one I got isn't a stolen design to my knowledge. Just a cheaply made part.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

My post was not meant as an insult nor was I trying nip picking. Its just a simple supply and demand why these replicas exist. If you are so up tight on copy right or patented item I hope you can put your ***** on the line saying that you have never EVER downloaded anything copy right or patented material online, because I can sure as hell bet my ***** that you have. It really is the same different.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jackygor
My post was not meant as an insult nor was I trying nip picking. Its just a simple supply and demand why these replicas exist. If you are so up tight on copy right or patented item I hope you can put your ***** on the line saying that you have never EVER downloaded anything copy right or patented material online, because I can sure as hell bet my ***** that you have. It really is the same different.
I wouldn't consider downloading something for my personal use and stealing someone's product and making a profit off of it the same thing. But yes it's both wrong.

But your analogy is just something you pulled out of your butt. A more correct one would be if I stole someone's music and sold it as my own or if I pirated some sort of media off the internet and sold it on the street.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raytrix
It does when he slams it in reverse
LOL!!
Old May 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wouldn't consider downloading something for my personal use and stealing someone's product and making a profit off of it the same thing. But yes it's both wrong.

But your analogy is just something you pulled out of your butt. A more correct one would be if I stole someone's music and sold it as my own or if I pirated some sort of media off the internet and sold it on the street.
so in a nutshell are you saying that its "ok" to steal as long as you dont profit out of it? just curious...
Old May 15, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
wowlol

Quick Reply: BlackTop Aero EVO X Rear Bumper Extension w/ Canard *** ON White EVO X ****