Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

X Color Edit Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X Color Edit Thread

Ok, so I figured why not have a thread dedicated to custom edited colors for our X. I originally wanted an opinion on a certain color for a paint job, but then it became really fun to just mess with different color options. So, join in, and feel free to comment! You can also mess with the stock wheel color as well, to get some combinations going! We'll start with this gray between AS and GG...

Last edited by Olaboy808; Aug 6, 2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Completely changed the thread!
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:06 PM

don't do it, first of all like you said, it won't be the best paint job ever. Secondly, painting your car will only make it depreciate faster. Think about it, no one wants to buy a car that someone repainted with a shoddy paint job. As a buyer you would want a discount on the car for that reason. Unless your going to get a high class paint job and the car is going to be something like a show/track car, you aren't doing yourself any favors by painting it. But in the end, your choice.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

$800.00 paintjob on a $30,000 evo = FAIL
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Haha, wasn't expecting any positive comments on the cost/quality of a $800 paintjob.... but was also looking more for an opinion on the color... Thanks though guys, I'm in total agreement with you! But what if someone with a REALLY low budget wants a different color b/c A. The X he bought wasn't the first color choice, but the only one available, B. Wants to be different, and C. Less attention-grabbing...? Vinyl is pretty expensive due to labor as well... Oh, and this place is offering warranties on their paint jobs, and I'll have to ask what their normal pricing is, b/c it IS a limited time offer. Looking at the flyer, it says the price is offered for any body work done, with $100 off all body work as well.... Maybe they're hurting for some business??

Last edited by Olaboy808; Aug 4, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

I like the color. I have to say though, why not just wait on buying you evo instead of having bought one you didnt really like. If I was buying a $30k car id be damn sure I loved everything about it. And the color is a big part of it.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Because really, I was buying an Evo X..... The paint is not a big deal to me. Hell, I'm most likely not going to go through with it, just getting opinions. It literally was the LAST X in the entire Monterey County, and San Jose dealers were not willing to match the price of the RR w/ SSS and Aero... So, despite RR not being my first choice, its still a badass car underneath it all! Oh, and it was a complete impulse buy in which my wife gave the unexpected okay.... Couldn't turn that opportunity down.. I'm sure you could understand.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

i wouldnt judge totally off cost..i personally know a guy in town who knows how to paint himself..and he just does it as a side thing in his garage..and ive seen him paint peoples cars for 500-1000$ and came out looking better thank 4k+ paint jobs..so its not always the cost..its whos doing it.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

i would do it to the orginal color since the Mitsu paint suck
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Olaboy, can I steal your pic? I'll just experiment with paint colors with PS.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Daskid
Hey Olaboy, can I steal your pic? I'll just experiment with paint colors with PS.
Go for it! If you want, I can post up the original pic...?

There you go! And don't be surprised if I have a few PS requests for you in the near future! lol
Old Aug 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, here goes my crappy attempt to PS.... I know some of them might be ricey... Just throwing out ideas.... Also notice that there are shades of colors all over the picture, hence crappy. I'll fine tune it next time! Just focus on the X....

Original Rally Red:

Hot Red

Baby Blue

Chocolate

Green

GlossyBrown

Orange

Teal

Yellow

Off White

I might go with this:

Flesh

And for the ladies....
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Nice dude! I'll add a couple... This might turn into a custom colored X thread! lol But whatever, its fun!

This might be too close to OB.....

Btw, I love yellow on the X!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

i like the yellow and orange
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, a flat/matte orange would be wild! Definitely a head-turner
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member