Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New install: Coltspeed GT shifter + ARC titan knob

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks dope IMO.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy hell. That thing is hideous. I have to point something out though. The fact that it extends the knob a good 6"+ up, means you're even farther away from the fulcrum of the shifter, which means you actually have to move the lever even farther for each shift. It's trading the elimination of one thing, to add another downfall. I shift with the stick all the time, but hold it at the very bottom. I don't even use the ball. It makes for shorter movements of my hand, and less effort. If my hand is on the steering wheel, then hey, there's a paddle there to shift.

For those of you who are ******* the shifting with a stick. you obviously don't get it. You obviously haven't driven an MR enough to understand the enjoyment of shifting on your own. Just because it's an "automatic" transmission, doesn't mean all of us drive it as an auto. I manually shift 95% of the time. The other 5% is the convenience of having an automatic. If you haven't tried it, then STFU. It's not stick envy. It's the fact that the transmission still acts like a stupid *** automatic, and shifts at the wrong times when driving aggressively. When in manual mode, you have 100% control without having to push a clutch pedal, and the shifts are faster than a manual.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey LVS , do you have a pic of the ARC knob with the stock shifter rather than the colt speeds ?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:54 AM

Not a big fan of how that looks. To each their own.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Webman
Holy hell. That thing is hideous. I have to point something out though. The fact that it extends the knob a good 6"+ up, means you're even farther away from the fulcrum of the shifter, which means you actually have to move the lever even farther for each shift. It's trading the elimination of one thing, to add another downfall. I shift with the stick all the time, but hold it at the very bottom. I don't even use the ball. It makes for shorter movements of my hand, and less effort. If my hand is on the steering wheel, then hey, there's a paddle there to shift.

For those of you who are ******* the shifting with a stick. you obviously don't get it. You obviously haven't driven an MR enough to understand the enjoyment of shifting on your own. Just because it's an "automatic" transmission, doesn't mean all of us drive it as an auto. I manually shift 95% of the time. The other 5% is the convenience of having an automatic. If you haven't tried it, then STFU. It's not stick envy. It's the fact that the transmission still acts like a stupid *** automatic, and shifts at the wrong times when driving aggressively. When in manual mode, you have 100% control without having to push a clutch pedal, and the shifts are faster than a manual.
^--- This. Finally someone that gets how an MR should be driven. It makes my skin crawl when people call the MR an automatic.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
^--- This. Finally someone that gets how an MR should be driven. It makes my skin crawl when people call the MR an automatic.
People are quite biased, aren't they? Especially when they haven't taken the time to drive and get used to the TC-SST. It's not something you can decide after just a test drive. I was a bit hesitant when I bought the car, because I prefer a stick. But now I'm so happy I didn't consider a GSR.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

cool looking but a bit unnecessary
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a bucket-full-o-fail
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:59 AM
.MM
Evolved Member

dont see the point...its an MR...

i like the bling parts, but dont see the point
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a JDM ***** and even I think the colt speed thing is stupid.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Looks cool I guess. But dont really get the point
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with most of your post but just had to point this out:
It's trading the elimination of one thing, to add another downfall.
In a way, all mods are like this. Give and take. Bigger turbo, more lag. Stiffer springs, harsher ride - etc etc. But yeah.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Not feelin the flow of that whole set up, sorry =/
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:10 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I have an MR, I honestly don't get it. Why wouldn't you use the paddles instead of slap stick (which has a longer throw now)? I never drive in auto mode... and my hands are always right by the paddles. Just doesn't make sense to me... but it's your car. BTW I'm a JDM ***** too
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Amen brother,
can i use that in my sig?
I love kids who say we should have gone with the stick yet within a couple years and even now, all professionals are turning to the TIP.
Lemme know how much you like your manual when your on the phone and trying to take a sharp turn.

Last edited by 08 Evo X MR; Jan 13, 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: New install: Coltspeed GT shifter + ARC titan knob