Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo x mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Supraboy1
Awesome!!! This is what mudflaps were originally made for. Of course in honesty I must agree with Migs, not shattering your fellow racers windshield with a rock is just plain nice.
It was a pain to clean the damn plastic off the back parts of the fenders but now that I have the RA mudflaps I can even use a water gun to just let the plastic slide off of it lol.

Not shattering windshields is always a plus haha
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:49 AM

To each their own but IMO they make it look more aggressive. And all the reasons above.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolution117
To each their own but IMO they make it look more aggressive. And all the reasons above.
Evo x mudflaps-503tweety.jpg

Agreed very aggressive!!..
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
RA mudflaps are the only way to go. They were super easy to install and will save u from the dreadful rock chips.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:50 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Attachment 175360

Agreed very aggressive!!..
I have the same ones on my car, is there a problem with being a Looney Tunes fan? HUH?!!?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:11 PM

i would have Taz . I have the Rally Armour and it helped a ton.
Side skirts and rear bumper looked as good as new afterward and after a spray down
Name:  316286_10150285570323805_510128804_7532223_6096271_n.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  29.9 KB

Last edited by punk3r; Aug 23, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if they make the car look more aggressive, but it definitely looks more "planted" to the ground.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:42 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sev
I have the same ones on my car, is there a problem with being a Looney Tunes fan? HUH?!!?
Lol. I'd really get a good laugh if you had these..

But ya, mudflaps actually look good, and proper on rally cars.. we do have a "gravel" button afterall =)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a set of gray RA flaps.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Just my .02 cents if your gonna get mud flaps on a sports car, why not also get curb feelers, sheepskin set covers, a carpeted dash mat, and a bobble head spelunker doll?
one way to explain of the definition of the sport car:
"A sports car is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for high speed driving and maneuverability. Sports cars have been either spartan or luxurious, but good handling, minimum weight, and high performance are requisite."

so before you laugh at other people, by the definition , the Evo is not a sport car there for the mudflaps are perfectly fine on it.
Fact , because of they heritage and the reason they are made for , almost a must item LOL

cheers Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed 100%.

Mud flaps for rally racing serve a more important purpose than not throwing rocks to the cars behide. They also stop accumulation of mud under the wheel well which can clog brakes, and cause handling issues.

Hence I said just my 2 cents. I just dont care for the way they look.
in rally racing should be no other cars behind... They are released by the speed factor so they shouldn't be catch up to each other.
the other comment in this post is even worst.

The mudflaps are mandatory because of the flying rocks debris etc to the spectators on the side of the road.
Basically to protect the spectators. Mudflaps are mandatory on the driven wheels only.

But you cant start the stage without mudflaps. so we have usually a very basic ones with an easy acces to change them , usually 3 screw.
Also we always carry many replacement with us.

Name:  2011-08-21152738.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  124.6 KB

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
The mudflaps are mandatory because of the flying rocks debris etc to the spectators on the side of the road.
Basically to protect the spectators. Mudflaps are mandatory on the driven wheels only.

But you cant start the stage without mudflaps.

Where do you rally at? Reason I'm asking I read thru the WRC official rules and they have zero requirement for mud flaps.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:58 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
^--- I know he's in the states now. Not sure on the rules.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Where do you rally at? Reason I'm asking I read thru the WRC official rules and they have zero requirement for mud flaps.
Every organization based on FIA rally rules, it is used as a guidelines in other words.
Also it is depend which rules you did read. The rule book is like a yellow pages all together.
And usually those rules are used to make a base rules for the actual event which as you guessed, has they own extra supplementary , addition of pages. For they own event. This is happening because of the nature of the rally.
We sometimes get even environment "guidelines" LOL
In the EU the rally rules are even more strict, but much more simple and clear.

here is one example for you:
B.5.3.
http://www.twerally.co.uk/cs/pdf/techregs.pdf

so how complicated this is in the USA? here is your answer LOL

this is how the tech sheet looks like for Rally America:
http://www.rally-america.com/forms/T...ectionForm.pdf
(look up the exterior left column)

Then here is the general rules for Rally America, really hard to find the mudflaps section...
http://www.rally-america.com/info/2005_Rules.pdf

but here is an event rule book for Rally America:
http://www.rally-america.com/pdf/Art...pendix%201.pdf
look up page 11. section 7.

etc.

I am realy happy for you, if you really did go through the FIA rally rules all together. You are the first one I heard of actually doing that . Because they are not important for the event you will run... You actually need the rules for the event you will run ...

ps : mud flaps are not essential part of the rally car by any means, its not a safety or reliability neither performance enhancer.
Example some rally cars doesn't even have them. That is basically depends on the event scrutineers.
Its like when we did run our last event we had to run based on Rally America rules as a rally car. But at the event not one rally car passed the inspection since we didn't had a arm restrain, which is NOT required by any FIA or Rally America rules. So we had to over night order those parts and we passed inspection.
Also before you start reading regulations , watch rally first at least once, since based on your comments you never saw one. I am happy to introduce you to the rally car in person if you around in NJ, for start.
If you feel somehow look something different, what you would prefer after your comments, the best solution is , don't put yourself situations like these above. Instead of start picking on others.

about me, i am currently holding "Rally America" and "United States Rally Championship" also "NASA" open turbo AWD rally competitor license. As my budget lets me i do rally so far between Tennessee and New Hampshire, these are the furthest i have been so far.
Since you going personal, how about something from your back ground , you can add to this conversation to make your points stronger?

thank you for reading
Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

ok, i actually find the mudflaps part in the FIA WRC rules:
http://www.fia.com/sport/regulations...rticle279.html

i know i am crazy

ps: but you have to remember these are general guidelines for for the organizers to make they own event .
remember WRC cars and KIT cars do not have to use mudflaps (both car is factory rally car , the upper one is WRC the X is a grupe N car/:

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 26, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo x mudflaps