Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New DSLR photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1SiCkEvo
Woah wth?? Shooting in RAW is for photo editing. If youre going to shoot just shoot in jpeg if you dont plan on doing much editing. My advice is get the best picture quality using the camera and its settings. If you want to advance it further then get a program like LightRoom or Photoshop.
Yeah I was leading to that but I forgot to type it You can get both, I have both currently..
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i figured out how to get raw fiels onto my computer and now i cant even look at them or do anythign wiht them i guess i need to convert them
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tubzzz14
i figured out how to get raw fiels onto my computer and now i cant even look at them or do anythign wiht them i guess i need to convert them
yeah raw is a professional format with all the information available.

I highly suggest Adobe Lightroom if you're not familiar with photo software. Photoshop works wonders too.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Great pictures for your first time! ^^ Like he said get Adobe Lightroom if you're not familiar with Photoshop as Lightroom is more user friendly. RAW also allows you to take advantage of editing your photo with said program(s). Shooting in JPEG is good, but if you want to post process the pictures afterwards, there's only so much you can do. If you're shooting with a tripod, then always leave your ISO at the lowest setting and have a longer shutter speed to get the correct exposure and best picture quality. For automotive photography, I always like shooting in the lowest possible F stop.

Get a Canon 50mm F1.8. Its a very cheap lens with awesome picture quality and fun to play with. Also do some reading on photography-on-the.net to learn more about photography, but please don't jump on the band wagon and call your self a photographer. Also don't post pictures on there yet as there is some not so nice critics lol.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tubzzz14
You just have to process the pictures. Upload the pictures, open them in a editing program, then process and you can see them. If you don't want to edit your pictures, just shoot in JPEG.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:09 PM

the first and last pic look sick
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by WickedIXMR
Great pictures for your first time! ^^ Like he said get Adobe Lightroom if you're not familiar with Photoshop as Lightroom is more user friendly. RAW also allows you to take advantage of editing your photo with said program(s). Shooting in JPEG is good, but if you want to post process the pictures afterwards, there's only so much you can do. If you're shooting with a tripod, then always leave your ISO at the lowest setting and have a longer shutter speed to get the correct exposure and best picture quality. For automotive photography, I always like shooting in the lowest possible F stop.

Get a Canon 50mm F1.8. Its a very cheap lens with awesome picture quality and fun to play with. Also do some reading on photography-on-the.net to learn more about photography, but please don't jump on the band wagon and call your self a photographer. Also don't post pictures on there yet as there is some not so nice critics lol.
That is so true lol.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is a month old but I agree with shooting RAW and get Adobe Lightroom. I have Lightroom and Photoshop and use Lightroom 99% of the time. Plus it is good for cataloging. I am not sure how advanced you are but a GREAT book is Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" If you read one book, that is the one to read. The best reason for using RAW is you can fix some mistakes like white balance, and exposure without damaging the file. And in reality, once you upload a RAW file to Lightroom by default it applies a few settings and the photos look decent just like that. Even then though you can just experiment with the sliders, thats how I learned. You can't hurt anything. If you don't like the final outcome just press rest and start over.

And youtube is your friend. Search Lightroom and search RAW and you can get information overload on anything you want to do with them.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:11 PM

dope photoshoot
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

thank you guys i posted pictures i took after these and edited them
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
damn, why do WW evox's look soo good?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:48 AM