Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

first ding

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hit your sons car? how his car doing? by the way how old are you? not that you have to be a certain age to drive evos. Just wondering. I'll be pretty cool if my dad had and X. its all good compare to my first ding after owning it for almost 4 years. This should make you guys first door dings feel better.
Attached Thumbnails first ding-dsc06138.jpg  
Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll turn 53 years old next month. It's not cheap raising a family in Northern VA. Took this long to to have enough money to buy the car I wanted. My son is 16 and just started driving. He took his mom's front bumper out and the mailbox the day before. We're having issues with having three cars in the drive way these day.

He has a 99 Camry, I did a number on his rear quarter panel.He doesn't care as long as his $1000 car sound system works.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 03:55 PM

This is now becoming comical. My first ding has turned into my first fender bender. On the way home from work I got rear ended by a Civic who was then rear ended by a Prius. My bumper is now in total need of replacement. Now I have called my insurance and have the job done properly. I think the bad *** brakes on my car are at fault. A Camry in front of me decided to brake at a green light. What the f**k. I hit the brakes and stopped on a dime. Unfortunetly the civic's brakes aren't as good. My new ETS V2 is hanging down. Fortunetly John, my tuner at Moore auto said I can bring it in and have it secured first thing in the morning.

first ding-onosl.jpg
Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:05 PM

oh my goodienessssss...... i feel your pain man and shyt dont you hate it when it isn't your fault or anything but these damn clowns on the road who cant drive gets you into an accident?!!!! pisses me off.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 01:43 PM

So John from Moore Auto was nice enough at no charge to put my EVO on the lift this moring to inspect the exhaust and found that the ETS pipe bend before the muffler is partially collapsed. Strangly the muffler and tips are fine. Could not reattach the two of the exhaust mounts so he strapped the pipe temporarily till I get it replaced. I guess that pipe won't be covered by warranty. On the way to drop the car at the body shop for repairs, the service engine soon light came on. I imagine this has something to do with the restricted exhaust flow and o2 sensor.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, tough luck. Are you going to post some before and after pics.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Wow this same thing happend to my IX when I bought it... Then I got blind sided by a stolen civic and was $12k to fix, with steering and suspention damadge. I ended up selling to someone because it never did drive right after that!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:50 AM

Its ok jake92695. Lets hope you took it to a good body shop. After its all said and done you'll be happy like me.
Attached Thumbnails first ding-dsc061833.jpg  
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:05 PM

Pretty excited! Saw my WW EVO X MR sitting outside Moore Auto on the way home from work. Been going on three weeks since saw my car. Last piece of the repair is a new ETS pipe that got crushed. Taking over a week to get that in. I wish ETS had other shipping options. Like waiting on the pony express. I only have till saturday on this piece of **** rental before it comes out of my pocket. Driving around in a Nissan Rogue with an anemic 4 banger has been painful.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:19 PM

Sorry about the damage, I had a very similar situation when I first got my EVO and freaked out until I got it back from the repair shop and it looked better then new! There is hope!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:22 PM

Finally on the road after three weeks. Repair job was well done, looks like new. No thanks to ETS. They have great products and have very helpful customer service, but a week and a half to ship my replacement exhaust pipe was very annoying. They should offer alternate shipping, especially when a customer is down and out on their daily drive. I would have paid for air freight.

first ding-gl7ay.jpg

first ding-ftiwz.jpg
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:37 PM

Looks great all back together. People don't know how to drive in Va,Md, and Dc. Makes me only want to drive my evo around the block.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Here's mine.. Does anybody know a reputable shop in southern california?

Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:16 PM

damn, what happened ?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

A bike hit me while i was turnig right. Turns out he was pretty fast so the impact launched all the airbags both front and back of the passenger side. It was a very bad day.

Quick Reply: first ding