Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

WedsSport SA-55M rims

Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by moladin
I wonder if you would have the same problem if you get a+36 Offset instead of 20? I am looking at the sets and still undecided between the two Offsets. Maybe wrap the socket with electrical tape?

Here is another link to more SA-55M Pictures:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ts-sa-55m.html
did that, it didn't help. Of course I was taking these on and off probably far more often then people normally would to switch to track wheels. Putting tape on the socket just made it basically not fit, the tape would rub off quickly.

You need to get lug nuts that are the right size for their included adapter. I have 4 of those adapters, but they are sitting in my garage and I'm traveling. Pretty sure it's 19mm.

I would highly recommend getting the +18, it sits perfect on the car. The +36 is still a highly concave face so it probably won't make a difference. From their site they're all both listed as type "RR":

lol, just look at the pic on their site, which has a black background: http://www.wedssport.jp/products/english/sa55m.html
Old Mar 21, 2014, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I put mine on today! Love these wheels.

Name:  0E12665C-D5C0-4050-B11F-9D376BF6B5E5_zpsjgwt4yaf.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  75.6 KB
Old Apr 26, 2016, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if the SA55m's in BBM are powder coated or if they are painted
Old Apr 26, 2016, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikec19
Does anyone know if the SA55m's in BBM are powder coated or if they are painted
They are painted.

They apply a blue tinted clearcoat over the black paint. The areas that appear blue are un-painted metal. So the blue clearcoat causes those areas to look blue.

I love my SA55Ms in BBM, but you absolutely HAVE to find lug nuts that fit the included socket they provide, or you will chip the paint off quickly. And because of the blue tint clearcoat, fixing paint chips is almost impossible.

The blue clearcoat also causes the black to have a slight blueish hue to it in sunlight which isn't my favorite. I'm being honest, I wish it were painted a true black and true blue on the spokes instead.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ddawg1130
They are painted.

They apply a blue tinted clearcoat over the black paint. The areas that appear blue are un-painted metal. So the blue clearcoat causes those areas to look blue.

I love my SA55Ms in BBM, but you absolutely HAVE to find lug nuts that fit the included socket they provide, or you will chip the paint off quickly. And because of the blue tint clearcoat, fixing paint chips is almost impossible.

The blue clearcoat also causes the black to have a slight blueish hue to it in sunlight which isn't my favorite. I'm being honest, I wish it were painted a true black and true blue on the spokes instead.
Do you think McGards would fit?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vic01
love mine too! Lots of compliments getting from it! they even say it is more expensive than their car lol

I have minor chips though, when it chips, it is color light beige or something near. I so like the machined blue spokes, looks so good! just a note that the wheel itself is not black but like dark purple but when far and running or just cleaned, it looks black which looks good. Got mine $2600 with hankook tires last year, worth the price.

We had problems fitting the OEM TPMS because of leaks but with some rubber and sealant we installed it with no problems.

vic
those look amazing!!!!!