Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Unofficial: Evo X - XXR Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted to post a "long term" update in case anybody was worried about the wheel turning to dust as you drive down the street. I got mine over a year ago and they have been PERFECT!

Funny story, I was at a Cars and Coffee car show here in Irvine CA. For fun I kept my gopro running just to film the people walking by. Two guys walked up to my car and were checking out the rims and one says "Dude those are expensive F'ing wheels!"

My friend and I were busting up watching it.

They are inexpensive wheels that look good and do their job. I even curbed one and used flat black rustolium to touch it up and you can't tell unless you are really looking for it. If that had been a set of Volks I would have cried. I do plan on getting "better" wheels someday but it it way down the list.

I think out of all the inexpensive parts you can get for the Evo, XXR's are the ones that I don't feel guilty putting on the car.

If you are the type whose self worth is tied to what people think of you I can tell you you will be ok with these wheels. Most people think they are nice. Even some Evo people didn't know they were so cheap.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Uscbryan
Wanted to post a "long term" update in case anybody was worried about the wheel turning to dust as you drive down the street. I got mine over a year ago and they have been PERFECT!

Funny story, I was at a Cars and Coffee car show here in Irvine CA. For fun I kept my gopro running just to film the people walking by. Two guys walked up to my car and were checking out the rims and one says "Dude those are expensive F'ing wheels!"

My friend and I were busting up watching it.

They are inexpensive wheels that look good and do their job. I even curbed one and used flat black rustolium to touch it up and you can't tell unless you are really looking for it. If that had been a set of Volks I would have cried. I do plan on getting "better" wheels someday but it it way down the list.

I think out of all the inexpensive parts you can get for the Evo, XXR's are the ones that I don't feel guilty putting on the car.

If you are the type whose self worth is tied to what people think of you I can tell you you will be ok with these wheels. Most people think they are nice. Even some Evo people didn't know they were so cheap.
Pics of your car? I have a 2011 WW GSR on 527's and have been to Coffee and Cars in Irvine with it. My assumption is you copied me since I've had my car longer than you.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 09:07 AM

Anyone have OBP on chromium black xxr's? I current have work cr kai's and xxr 530s in gold that I swap out. Was considering some chromium black xxrs to replace the gold ones. Lmk thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
Pics of your car? I have a 2011 WW GSR on 527's and have been to Coffee and Cars in Irvine with it. My assumption is you copied me since I've had my car longer than you.
Lol actually I don't think I saw them on a car first. I think I ran across them on a forum. I'll try and post a photo
Attached Thumbnails Unofficial: Evo X - XXR Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by Uscbryan; Nov 4, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Uscbryan
Lol actually I don't think I saw them on a car first. I think I ran across them on a forum. I'll try and post a photo
Nah I'm pretty sure you saw my car and were like "damn, those look good".
Totally kidding. Curious to see how close we are to being twinsies though.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 01:59 PM

The only problem I noticed on xxr's is dat they make my steering wheel shake. I'm running 530 on a evo 9 mr.. comparing to varrstoen wheels. I rather buy varrstoen wheels than xxrs.
If anybody interested I am selling xxr 530 18x9.75 offset 20 matte black. I'm located in chino, ca.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g35-365
The only problem I noticed on xxr's is dat they make my steering wheel shake. I'm running 530 on a evo 9 mr.. comparing to varrstoen wheels. I rather buy varrstoen wheels than xxrs.
If anybody interested I am selling xxr 530 18x9.75 offset 20 matte black. I'm located in chino, ca.
Mine don't. Maybe a balance problem by the person installing them.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah you definitely need to have someone else balance them. If America's Tire can't balance them, they are defective and XXR should be notified.

Also heard a few people have this issue if they tried taking used tires off old/oem rims and put them on new XXRs. Can't imagine that's a good idea to begin with but could also introduce other variables.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

When I first got the XXR I had them put my stock tires on them until my new tires came in. Stock tires with about 20k on them were slicks in certain parts. It was fine. Then had the AD08 265 put on and it was fine. Then had the tires flipped on the wheels and no problems. Most likely balance related. Possibly tire issue. Could be a bad wheel. Everything produced is going to have a certain percentage of failures.

Overall I think the wheels are a good deal. Someday I may get Rays but that's the last thing on my list. I just don't see a huge benefit at this time.

Not knocking people that got the big brands, we all have limited funds and have to choose what is priority to us.

Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
Yeah you definitely need to have someone else balance them. If America's Tire can't balance them, they are defective and XXR should be notified.

Also heard a few people have this issue if they tried taking used tires off old/oem rims and put them on new XXRs. Can't imagine that's a good idea to begin with but could also introduce other variables.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 07:29 AM

I had them balanced 3x at americs tires. Fires time the weights fell off. Second and third time I was comolaining that why are they making my steering wheel shake. So most likely defective, but its weird because I also had xxr527s and it was the same issue. ..
Old Nov 5, 2013, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

What city state are you in?

U had them balanced 3x at americs tires. Fires time the weights fell off. Second and third time I was comolaining that why are they making my steering wheel shake. So most likely defective, but its weird because I also had xxr527s and it was the same issue. ..
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So is anyone rocking the 535's yet ? Curious to see how they look/fit.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 05:44 PM

here is mine

18x9.75 527 chromium black
245/40 continental dws.
H&R springs
\http://s519.photobucket.com/user/ric..._0785.jpg.html
Old Nov 11, 2013, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ricky_g35
18x9.75 527 chromium black
245/40 continental dws.
H&R springs
\http://s519.photobucket.com/user/ric..._0785.jpg.html
Looks great. I can't wait for my tires to wear out so I can get some new rims and rubber.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 02:32 AM

Looks like some new colors coming out soon, orange doesn't look all that bad

Quick Reply: Unofficial: Evo X - XXR Thread