Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Stay Away from this Vortex Generator!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Away from this Vortex Generator!

So i was shopping for a Real carbon Fiber Vortex generator for my Evo 8, noticed some shops online had them for over $200. Looked on ebay and notice a Seller called zoomkit had them in stock for $165 with free shipping. It looks like a generic with no brand name. I though it was a bargain so i went ahead and bought it. When i received it it was packaged wonderfully and looked beautiful, i could not find a single flaw on it. When i got home i tried test fitting it and it was HORRIBLE, it ended up being about a quarter inch shorter and the edges would not even stay flat. I had to dremel for about a day excess carbon fiber, i even had to slightly cut the antenna piece since it seemed to have excess glue. After i tried fixing it i installed it with double sided tape. It did not come out perfect but its there. Its not an OEM Fit. Lesson learned. Dont buy from a non Reputable store. Always buy one that is also OEM fit. The ones i bought where probably imported from china.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Its really never smart to buy something that has to have a perfect fit like vg, body kits ,etc from unreputable companies or people on Ebay. Pictures?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Its really never smart to buy something that has to have a perfect fit like vg, body kits ,etc from unreputable companies or people on Ebay. Pictures?
+1 ... Should have posted here first as I'm sure most of us would've suggested against it.