Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

2014 EvoX Varis Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 EvoX Varis Front bumper

Finally got my Varis Runduce front bumper after a long 5 months. Still have the side skirts and rear diffuser coming!

2014 EvoX Varis Front bumper-1hcn1gd.jpg
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:07 PM

Sick bro! Looking into getting the full kit for mine. Do you know by chance if the rear fenders are an entire piece or bolted on. Still kind of new to the whole evo and wide body thing. So was just curious as to how it works. And if i can do everything by myself or have to take it to a shop.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Thatevoguy
Sick bro! Looking into getting the full kit for mine. Do you know by chance if the rear fenders are an entire piece or bolted on. Still kind of new to the whole evo and wide body thing. So was just curious as to how it works. And if i can do everything by myself or have to take it to a shop.
That's not a widebody front bumper. Although the widebody front bumper uses the same shell, just the front lip is wider and the canards are wider.

That's the varis runduce front bumper. It has that curved part in the center of the front lip, but the same shell for the bumper.

Then there's the varis '09 version front bumper which has a flat front lip, but again same shell.

There is now the new Varis "Version 2 Super Taikyu" front shell, also called the Varis "version '14 ultimate" bumper someplaces. It's identical to the '09 version except for some added detail in the fog light areas and back from that. The front lip that comes with it is a bit different I think.
Also, despite the confusing thread title, it's not to be confused with this guys bumper as he clearly has the Varis Runduce bumper. I guess his car is a 2014 evo.

As to your question about the rear fenders on the widebody kit: they are not a replacement fender, they bolt over and require hacking and cutting the stock fenders.

And you will need to take it to a shop for painting at least.

Last edited by ddawg1130; Jul 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 09:10 AM

Yeah, I like this one and the 09 version. I want to get the entire kit though. So the front bumper is a full replacement correct? Don't mean to ask stupid questions but like I said new to all of this. But I'll end up taking it to a shop since there needs to be a cutting and bolting process.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 04:31 PM

looks amazing man
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ah, miss that setup. Looking good.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Thatevoguy
Yeah, I like this one and the 09 version. I want to get the entire kit though. So the front bumper is a full replacement correct? Don't mean to ask stupid questions but like I said new to all of this. But I'll end up taking it to a shop since there needs to be a cutting and bolting process.
Shouldn't have to cut anything. The front bumper is a full replacement, just unbolt the oem bumper, and bolt on the new bumper. Of course the new bumper needs to be painted, but besides that it's a direct replacement.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:34 AM

looks awesome! very clean.