Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Time Between Cleaning and Sealant/Waxing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time Between Cleaning and Sealant/Waxing

So recently I purchased a 2014 Cosmic Blue Evo X. After taking it home from the dealership I immediately wanted to get it cleaned and detailed to my liking. So I went to work. I spent all day and part of the next day finishing up. I washed it, clay bar'd it, compounded it, and polished it using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Polish. After all that was said and done I was not able to get sealant or wax on the car yet and now a coat of dust was on the car. So before I get to the sealant and wax combination what measures should I take to clean this up? Is simply wiping it off with a micro fiber cloth ok? Should I use some sort of quick detailer (might leave oils or other stuff on the top before the sealant wax), or Wash it again? I am just not sure if this is a big deal or if U am over thinking the dust on the car and I am still good to get this final step done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

Also, I was planning on using either Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze followed up with PS21 OR Zaino Z2 followed up with Z5 Pro to finish this process. Which do you prefer?

With that being said, Is the dust going to be a problem? And will it matter that I used Meguiar's products and now want to finish with either of the above combinations? Any information again is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would use a IPA spray with a microfiber. check out the forums on autogeek. there is a lot of great detailing info there

i personally have been using griots garage sealant with good results. i know a lot of people love the zaino stuff as well. it really comes down to preference
Old Oct 14, 2014, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you wipe the dust off it will cause swirling or light scratches. I would wash it to be safe.

i would use opticoat and then a layer of sonax polymer net shield on top.