Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

brake booster not working?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake booster not working?

So my clutch master cylinder broke so i bought an ams upgrade swapped it that works great. So to get to the clutch master cylinder i had to take off the brake master cylinder and brake booster. long story short i put everything back together and i was getting a vacuum leak when pumping my brakes. Ok check the o-ring it looked a lil stretched tried a bunch of o-rings didn't work and my brakes werent working at all. so i ordered an OEM brake booster seal "kit" which is a OEM o-ring and a little packet of lube. replaced the o-ring put everything back together and my brake pedal still doesnt get stiff and the brake booster feels like its not holding vacuum at all. can any one chime in and let me know what to look for before i turn this car in.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
you might want to take it to a mechanic. It is not a car fault .Since before you changed the CMC the brake worked fine it seems.
So from here is hard to say what is not been done properly when you put the assembly together.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Yea i dunno im gonna take it to a mechanic they can play with it ive taken this thing apart and put it back together about 6 times now trying to get rid of this vacuum leak im exhausted.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

All the fluids came out the brake master cylinder, right?

When that happens you need to bench bleed the mc to get all the air out. It won't matter how many times you use the brake pedal, it will never work.

If you look at youtube you'll see info how to bleed it.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
Yea i dunno im gonna take it to a mechanic they can play with it ive taken this thing apart and put it back together about 6 times now trying to get rid of this vacuum leak im exhausted.
try to contact with Greg from RKTmotors, he might go to your house to fix it. His father in canada now, working on 3 rally cars, so he has time .. LOL and he is very reasonable.
Old May 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

sent the car to Mitsubishi its there problem now. lol
ill let you know what the problem is.
Old May 18, 2012, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Alright a little update just got my car back from mitshubishi there is a brake pedal feel now but i still have a vacuum leak they bled everything 3 times to get all the air out. They turned around and told me try to change the rotors and pads first and starting pricing me out for new pads and rotors i know for a fact it isnt my pads or rotors. they then told me try changing the brake master cylinder the seal inside of it may have been damaged so i will try changing that.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
try to contact with Greg from RKTmotors, he might go to your house to fix it. His father in canada now, working on 3 rally cars, so he has time .. LOL and he is very reasonable.
He doesn't have time. He has his hands full with another Evo
Old May 18, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bimmer777
He doesn't have time. He has his hands full with another Evo
not an easy shop to get in
Old May 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Move
Alright a little update just got my car back from mitshubishi there is a brake pedal feel now but i still have a vacuum leak they bled everything 3 times to get all the air out. They turned around and told me try to change the rotors and pads first and starting pricing me out for new pads and rotors i know for a fact it isnt my pads or rotors. they then told me try changing the brake master cylinder the seal inside of it may have been damaged so i will try changing that.
Make sure it is staying on and not binding up, that o-ring is easy to get bunched up and damaged.