Notices

Buschur Racing brake booster delete/manual brake kit.

Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing brake booster delete/manual brake kit.

Finally! The kit I designed to work for my EVO RS, the BadBish is being released.

Here is the deal. I use my RS for street, drags and autocross. The RS does NOT come with ABS. After upgrading my RS to some real brake pads I decided that in an emergency stopping situation that the brakes were actually dangerous. The lock up was so instant at 60 mph that it was hard to control. My respect goes out to the bad *** Hawk pads that caused this ridiculous increase in braking power.

I decided rather than getting rid of the new found braking power the car had I'd clean up the engine bay and simply figure out a clean way to delete the power brakes. First I just deleted the brake booster and kept the factory RS master cylinder. This left me with an extremely hard brake pedal and no braking, the car would stop but it was scarey to drive and the force that was needed from my leg was very-very high. I did some digging and found a direct replacement master cylinder with the correct specs so the car would actually stop.

What we have is a kit that eliminates all the under hood brake lines, the master cylinder and the brake booster. This really cleans up the engine bay as it tucks the master cylinder back against the firewall and allows you to eliminate the ABS if you like and re-route all the lines.

The brake line material is a high nickel line, you can not kink it (well I suppose if you really tried you could but it's pretty idiot proof) and it easily bends with just your fingers. It will not rust or discolor. You will need a bubble flare tool for 3/16" line. The line not only bends easy but flares really nice.

The kit comes with more than enough line to put all the new lines on, the master cylinder, the plate to bolt it all to the firewall, two new proportioning valves and the fittings.

The master cylinder is a direct replacement. The brake switch light plugs in and you will still be able to attach your clutch master cylinder with the factory hose to the brake master.

Here is a picture of the kit:

Here is the picture of the kit on the car:

The kit will sell for $525 complete as pictured. There is an extremely limited production kit. The master cylinders are in very-very short supply and we are working on getting more. I have one kit available now. We can take orders for more, we won't bill you, and fill them when the parts come in.

As a side note, this kit stops my EVO very well. Kevin drove the car down in North Carolina and at first he was worried. The first pass was 145 mph and when he came back he told me he was amazed at how well it stopped. I would highly recommend a set of quality brake pads that don't require a lot of heat to get them working.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would this kit be good for road racing or just drag? looks like a nice kit and it would save a little weight too.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember checking this out in NC, I like it a lot, very clean...now how about that ebrake setup??
Old Jan 9, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

How much weight do I save with this kit?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, forgot about the weight savings. Total weight saved was about 12 pounds. Yes, it can be used for road racing, just keep in mind it requires more leg pressure to brake hard.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

How is the pedal feedback? How different is the brake "feeling" from stock?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Very nice.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

The pedal feel is very-very firm. It's not mushy like it was stock. It requires you to use your leg to make the brakes work, meaning if you want to stop fast, you have to push harder than with the power brakes.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Does this allow abs to be deleted?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts
does it come with the clips that are on the firewall?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, it deletes the ABS too, which is more weight over what I posted I saved as I never had ABS to begin with.

The clips on the firewall are OEM, they were on the car and just re-used/moved to new locations.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:10 PM

Nice work once again dave!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I just need to post some additional information in here.

I keep getting contacted and argued with about this kit.

WE DO NOT/WILL NOT SELL THE DELETE PLATE BY ITSELF!!!!

The stock lines will NOT work with our kit. The stock EVO master cylinders will not work either. Yes the stock master cylinders will bolt up to it but the car WILL NOT STOP and the pedal feel is TERRIBLE. The kit is a "kit" because to do it right you need all the items pictured.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

i know this is a little old but i was wondering can u still drive on the street with this kit or would u just recommend for track use only??
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

My car is a street car, as are most of the guys who have bought it. So yes, for sure you can drive it on the street.

It does take a little getting use to, the added pedal effort. Every single person I have talked to that did it, at first was very skeptical, then after they drove for a bit they all say they like it better than the factory power brakes because the pedal feel is so much more consistent and improved.

Chris Young has it on his EVO, he also has the AMS small brake kit and this last Friday night he had to stop from 155 mph after his run at the drag strip, he said he couldn't believe how well the car stops and could have made the first turn off at the end of the track without trouble. He also said, "It takes some getting use to."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buschur Racing brake booster delete/manual brake kit.