Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What else do i need to make my X MR Handle BETTER?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
maybe it was the way the guy had his shocks adjusted? I can't say how the car felt under cornering as I wasn't driving, but it absorbed bumps and imperfections quite well when I got a ride in one
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
He said they were installed per instructions. Not sure.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:35 PM
EvoM Guru

I'm talking damping adjustments... the V3's have separate compression and rebound adjustments. good for someone that knows what they're doing bad for someone that doesn't or really takes their time to figure out what works best
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Yeah, the instructions give you a starting point for damper adjustments, that's what I mean. He even said he left them alone because he had no clue what adjusting each one would really do.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:39 PM
EvoM Guru

ah, I see. well like I said, the one I rode in did quite well with bumps, so I'm sure it can get there with the right adjustments
Old Apr 25, 2017, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
What is your budget?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 07:34 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
All this for a street car?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Street cars can benefit from suspension tuning too. I think its refreshing to see someone focusing on handling and not dyno numbers.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 08:32 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Normally, yes. I just don't feel any difference on the street when I add suspension pieces.
maybe I'm not sensitive enough lol
Old Apr 26, 2017, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
im orderung some bushings today. I also ordered aome diff bushings too
What else?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

What bushings are you going with? I like the Ralliart Group N bushings, they are OEM quality and a harder rubber than stock (no squeaking).

rhdJapan can supply them, even the ones not listed on their site if you provide them the part numbers.
https://www.rhdjapan.com/search/mode...dling_bushings
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=394898
http://www.rosssport.com/Catalogue/E...USHES/RALLIART
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
im orderung some bushings today. I also ordered aome diff bushings too
What else?
I'm a big fan of SuperPro, have their stuff in 2 of my cars. No squeaks going on the 3rd year in one of them now. personally I'd go with SuperPro's poly bushing for that big front control arm bushing, but you can do Whiteline's spherical bushing if you're really hardcore... but you'll prolly get some noise with that

poly bushings also have the advantage of a lot less friction for rotating, so your springs and dampers are doing the intended job and not bushing twist. and SuperPro have a lifetime warranty, even with race use, if you're worried about them breaking down.

I had Beatrush diff bushing inserts on my Evo X and it was great, I'd recommend that over replacing the full bushing. it does the same thing and saves you a bunch of money on install cost or makes your life a lot easier if you're installing it yourself
https://www.maperformance.com/produc...cer-evo-8-9-10

MAP also carries SuperPro bushings, give them a call or pm for best pricing instead of just ordering off the site.
Old May 5, 2017, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
To help the front end from understeer at the track I installed a rear eibach swaybar on the tightest setting with whiteline endlinks. It was quite noticeable on the street and made the car feel better in quick turns. I don't mean driving like a jack wagon on the street, but even just some fast on ramp type cornering it was a massive improvement compared to the stock body roll. Since it doesn't affect bump response the ability to drive on rough roads isn't impacted much. I recommend this upgrade for both the street and the track.

~Jaraxle
Old May 9, 2017, 02:44 AM
Evolved Member

^^ yes thank you i should of ordered a sway bar too.
Doing it now but im getting whiteline. :P

What about the FRONT sway bar?

Whats the widest wheel & tire size you guys recommend? I would like to go wider then my 9.5" wheels that i have now.

Im thinking of a hybrid install of a Victory front fenders and a varis rear fenders.

Last edited by DRAGHICI; May 9, 2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Front sway bar question
Old May 9, 2017, 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
I'm a big fan of SuperPro, have their stuff in 2 of my cars. No squeaks going on the 3rd year in one of them now. personally I'd go with SuperPro's poly bushing for that big front control arm bushing, but you can do Whiteline's spherical bushing if you're really hardcore... but you'll prolly get some noise with that

poly bushings also have the advantage of a lot less friction for rotating, so your springs and dampers are doing the intended job and not bushing twist. and SuperPro have a lifetime warranty, even with race use, if you're worried about them breaking down.

I had Beatrush diff bushing inserts on my Evo X and it was great, I'd recommend that over replacing the full bushing. it does the same thing and saves you a bunch of money on install cost or makes your life a lot easier if you're installing it yourself
https://www.maperformance.com/produc...cer-evo-8-9-10

MAP also carries SuperPro bushings, give them a call or pm for best pricing instead of just ordering off the site.
I decided on Whiteline, i never really heard of Superpro??
I bought BLACK COLOR (i forgot from who) rear diff bushings a while back but never installed them.
Im gonna install them with this setup.

Quick Reply: What else do i need to make my X MR Handle BETTER?