Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Super Pro front control arm setup?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Super Pro front control arm setup?

So my front control arms need an overhaul(stock). I got creaking ball joints, worn bushings and cracked/leaking boots. Looking for a good daily drive setup and I like whiteline but heard good things about Super Pro for this area of the car but not sure what source to buy from. Does anyone know of a good deal for a kit by chance? Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 07:27 AM
AJV

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evojesse
So my front control arms need an overhaul(stock). I got creaking ball joints, worn bushings and cracked/leaking boots. Looking for a good daily drive setup and I like whiteline but heard good things about Super Pro for this area of the car but not sure what source to buy from. Does anyone know of a good deal for a kit by chance? Thanks.
I used the whiteline RCK. It replaced the ball joints and the tie rod ends. My ball joints on my X were trashed. I had lots of bump steer which made it unsafe in the rain. I didn't touch the bushings at all. Mine were in good shape. Careful with pressing out the ball joints. It can be a pain in the *** and wear safety glasses or take them to a machine shop and let them press them out put in the new ones.

You can grab them for under 200 here from one of the approved vendors.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I have SuperPro bushings on my RSX and NC Miata. They both have the same 2 types of bushings in the LCA like the Evo does. Both on high spring rate coilovers, tracked both cars, the ones in the RSX are going on their 3rd year and the Miata on its 2nd. No issues from either, no squeaking, and to be honest NVH didn't even increase... although that part could be cause I already had the coilovers on both cars...

As far as SuperPro vs Whiteline, SuperPro is more expensive but thats because all of their stuff is still made in Australia. Whiteline started farming out lots of their stuff to China. A vendor (honestly don't remember which one, I think it was someone I found on a subi forum) I talked to said Whiteline's products went down in quality a bit after that, although I can't say anything about this from personal experience. My sister had a bunch of Whiteline stuff on her STi and it lasted just fine to over 100k (although admittedly mostly highway). There were a few bushings that wore out and needed replacement though shorty before she got rid of the car, I don't remember which ones. But I don't know if this was the Australian made or Chinese made Whiteline stuff. They were purchased in 2008 if that helps.
SuperPro had a limited lifetime warranty, even with competition use. So even though its more expensive, if you plan on keeping the car long enough you get free replacements if/when they wear out.

Personally I'm sticking to all SuperPro stuff for all of my cars.

As far as vendors, I made my last SuperPro purchase through MAP. If for some reason they stopped selling it, contact Sake Bomb Garage (not a sponsor on here), I know they recently became a SuperPro dealer