Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need lower my X in a week, what choice do i have?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need lower my X in a week, what choice do i have?

I know BC Racing is out there which i can order right away, but I've had very bad experience with taiwanese made coilover before, so i am try to stay out of it.
Is there anyone else make anything to lower the evo X.
i would like to just buy a set of spring first, but seems like nobody offer that yet.
and i know i can get good stuff from Robi Spec, but their Kw-V3 is bit expensive. i would like to spend less than $1500 on this...
Heard Tein and JIC already release their stuff for the X, but is that for real or i have to wait another month.
I need get this done ASAP, Plz Help!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

What company was your bad experience with?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 进化9
I know BC Racing is out there which i can order right away, but I've had very bad experience with taiwanese made coilover before, so i am try to stay out of it.
i would like to just buy a set of spring first, but seems like nobody offer that yet.
and i know i can get good stuff from Robi Spec, but their Kw-V3 is bit expensive. i would like to spend less than $1500 on this...
Heard Tein and JIC already release their stuff for the X, but is that for real or i have to wait another month.
Eigbach, has the pro kit ready!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo-L
I think he was referring from a taiwanese made coilover..but didnt specify which brand..hope not these bc coilover..
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 进化9

What kind of bad experience ??
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by carrito.net
Eigbach, has the pro kit ready!
they told me that they r coming out till mid may
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Im going to get the Eibach Pro kit on my X in a month or so. Seems like a good price for a good effect. I'm hearing TIEN arent bad either, and theyre about $100 cheaper.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-L
K-sport.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 进化9
K-sport.
Well, the BC's have an awesome replacement plan. If a seal leaks, or a coilover is defective in any way, BC will replace the entire coilover for $95. Instead of having to send in your old one, wait, and get an old repaired one back, you get a brand new coilover.

I have heard of a bunch of KSport problems, but no BC problems.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

well you can go with BC as they are affordable and seem to be pretty good, but I have no personal experience with them personally.

I have the RobiSpec KW's and they are UNREAL. I LOVE them and i'm so happy i spent the $$$ I did. It was more then worth it
Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going through the same thing right now and I have found we dont have much of a choice!

Eibach and H&R springs: 4-6 weeks out

JIC: 4-6 weeks

Tein: No eta yet (they are done in Japan, but Tein USA still has not recieved them to do testing)

Cusco: should be releasing braces soon, but as for the coilovers cusco is in the same boat as Tein.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
well you can go with BC as they are affordable and seem to be pretty good, but I have no personal experience with them personally.

I have the RobiSpec KW's and they are UNREAL. I LOVE them and i'm so happy i spent the $$$ I did. It was more then worth it
Buy quality Cry once. (I know "expensive")
Buy cheap cry TWICE...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sexktten
I am going through the same thing right now and I have found we dont have much of a choice!

Eibach and H&R springs: 4-6 weeks out

JIC: 4-6 weeks

Tein: No eta yet (they are done in Japan, but Tein USA still has not recieved them to do testing)

Cusco: should be releasing braces soon, but as for the coilovers cusco is in the same boat as Tein.
While KW's have the Fastest track Evos out there David Buschur, BlackTrack, and Tom Kim, (Steve you got yours to the track yet?) With equal ride quality Why sacrifice? Because with our data the new "Robispec Race " suspension will be EVEN faster! Am I excited YES!!!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robi
While KW's have the Fastest track Evos out there David Buschur, BlackTrack, and Tom Kim, (Steve you got yours to the track yet?) With equal ride quality Why sacrifice? Because with our data the new "Robispec Race " suspension will be EVEN faster! Am I excited YES!!!

no because i've been dealing with a bunch of other BS, but I will get to watkins glenn or limerock within the next few months
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by robi
Whats the "Robi race" coilover? A revalved to your spec KW?

Quick Reply: Need lower my X in a week, what choice do i have?