Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

All seasons vs. Winter Tires Help plz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All seasons vs. Winter Tires Help plz

I wanted to know the best all seasons or winter tires I can use for my X. I will still be using the stock rims. But I want the car to maintain its current road feel and handling in the winter. Granted I know I can't go 150mph in the snow, but I want something that will still make the car stick to the ground. I really want all season, I have heard bad things about getting winter tires. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ran winters on my MS3 (first time ever for me) and loved them-they made that much of a diff here in MN (and I could hit 100mph okay). I'm currently running continental A/S on the X (stock rims as well)-not bad, but at the round a bouts up here, she still wants to let loose pretty east. I'll run these for this winter, then go to full winters. Remeber, true winter tires are built not only for the snow and ice, but for the road and air temp as well-most A/S are good to about freezing, thats it!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:57 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
I've had really good luck with the Pirelli winter carving series. I had them on my TT for 2 years in the idaho mountains, and it's not as big a dropoff in performance as some of the other snow tires. They're pretty cheap too:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....um=255TR6WCEXL
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Yeah cancel that last message, apparently pirelli doesn't make them in the 18" variety.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImsoevoX I use Yokohama Advan S-4 on my X for the winter. These will fit the stock wheel. 245/40 R18 93W (m+s) These tires work great in mud, snow and dry and wet pavement. I had to go over the passes in WA state 8 different times (Bluett and Snoqualme pass)-sorry for the spelling- in some pretty nasty snow storms with up to an inch of snow on the ground. Anyways, the car did great at 50 mph and did not slide once! They are not as good as the summer tires of course in the dry, but in the snow, they do the job. I paid $1000.00 for all four.