Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Cobb Springs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Springs

Anyone have the Cobb springs installed with pics. When i do the search not much comes up. Just looking fo some installed pics and if the ride quality is good, not to bouncy.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

search "cobb" in show and shine forum, show titles only

Here's link to Cobb Evo X
Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evofreak21
Anyone have the Cobb springs installed with pics. When i do the search not much comes up. Just looking fo some installed pics and if the ride quality is good, not to bouncy.
The ride is like stock but I would say maybe 10% stiffer not bouncy at all. The car feels stable at high speed just like stock. The drop is minimal though I would like it to be a bit lower. Here is a picture for you and you can check my album for more pictures.

Old Apr 30, 2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Huge
The ride is like stock but I would say maybe 10% stiffer not bouncy at all. The car feels stable at high speed just like stock. The drop is minimal though I would like it to be a bit lower. Here is a picture for you and you can check my album for more pictures.

From the specs the Cobb is supposed to have a better drop than the Eibachs no?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

yeah its supposed to have one of the more dramatic drops of all the springs out there, i got a set sitting in my living room, just waiting on my damn wheels to show up.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobbs seems to advertise a more dramatic drop on paper but from user experiences on this forum, Eibachs seem to give the most actual drop. Some of the responses indicate that Eibachs actually drop around 2 inches. Or maybe Eibachs have worse quality control and some people get mild drops and others get big drops. I'm waiting for my Eibach and will be taking careful before and after measurements.