Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PICS: Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines - EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZeroFighter83
I guess the front lines only replace the rubber lines and keep the stock hard lines going to the calipers.
That is correct.
Old May 4, 2010, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey clipse, once you did the line swap, what order did you use to bleed the brake fluid? I know its different from the CT9A. I will be installing my set of SS lines with RBF600 and wanna make sure I get it right.

thanks.
Old May 4, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice looking pieces,

Looking forward to your review
Old May 4, 2010, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZeroFighter83
I guess the front lines only replace the rubber lines and keep the stock hard lines going to the calipers.
Yes, only the OEM rubber lines are replaced. The OEM hardlines stay in place.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Clipse, can you please see my question in post # 17? Please advise.
Old May 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by catalystgod
clipse, can you please see my question in post # 17? Please advise.
rr > rl > fr > fl
Old May 4, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
rr > rl > fr > fl
Hey, thanks for the quick answer.
how about the inner/outer nipples? I thought one had to be done before the other.

EDIT: wait a sec, that's the exact same order as the 8 on http://www.joe250.com/cars/evo8/brak...ebleeding.html

I thought it was different on the X, no? damn, lemme look up the manual.

Last edited by CatalystGod; May 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

i just installed them last month without any problem, however, i noted that during the track, my brake bleeding valve is leaking, does anyone know what happen? and is it because of the brake line? because i asked a person, he said it might be because i changed SS line and there is too much pressure when i brake. also the other person said the brake might over heat? but i think i didn't really brake very hard tho....
please help
Nick
Old May 4, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

OK, should've just done this first instead of waking up an old thread.

The order of bleeding per the service manual on the X is as follows:

1) Rear Driver Side
2) Front Passenger Side
3) Rear Passenger Side
4) Front Driver Side

And do the outer nipple before the inner nipple in all cases.

Thanks for the answers.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by love67
i just installed them last month without any problem, however, i noted that during the track, my brake bleeding valve is leaking, does anyone know what happen? and is it because of the brake line? because i asked a person, he said it might be because i changed SS line and there is too much pressure when i brake. also the other person said the brake might over heat? but i think i didn't really brake very hard tho....
please help
Nick
First find out where the leak is originating from, It may not be where you're actually seeing the fluid. Then you'll know if its your connections or a defect in the hose itself or something like that. If it IS the valve, ensure all connections are tight. If there still is a leak and you don't know what's causing the issue, take it to a professional.
Old May 4, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

i don't think it is from the hose....and i check it's coming from the where that we bleed the brake. because after every session of the track day, there is a fluid dry up mark on my calipers all the way up to the valve, and i did clean it and after another session the dry up fluid mark is still there. i also took off the plastic cap and check and it's a little"wet". I'm sure that i tighten it good enough but not over tighten it. so i really don't know what happened! remember it's for my all 4 calipers...
btw, if i take it to the dealer, do you guys think it will affect my warranty because i changed the line and fluid?
thanks
Nick
Old May 4, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by love67
i don't think it is from the hose....and i check it's coming from the where that we bleed the brake. because after every session of the track day, there is a fluid dry up mark on my calipers all the way up to the valve, and i did clean it and after another session the dry up fluid mark is still there. i also took off the plastic cap and check and it's a little"wet". I'm sure that i tighten it good enough but not over tighten it. so i really don't know what happened! remember it's for my all 4 calipers...
btw, if i take it to the dealer, do you guys think it will affect my warranty because i changed the line and fluid?
thanks
Nick

There is absolutely no point in you taking this to a dealership. You have an aftermarket part with aftermarket fluid etc. Thay will gladly charge you the 100 dollar diagnostic fee for basically coming back and telling you "Sorry, we cannot do anything". Your best bet is an evo shop or some shop that specializes in aftermarket installations.

And you say you're seeing this on all 4 corners? WOW! that definitely beats me. I'm no expert and you need one.

BTW, where the hell is "Walnut"? You can PM me your location if you're not comfortable posting it public. I was just gonna do a quick lookup to see which is a good shop.

Last edited by CatalystGod; May 4, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
OK, should've just done this first instead of waking up an old thread.

The order of bleeding per the service manual on the X is as follows:

1) Rear Driver Side
2) Front Passenger Side
3) Rear Passenger Side
4) Front Driver Side

And do the outer nipple before the inner nipple in all cases.

Thanks for the answers.
Hmm... I did it my way. I have no issues. I honestly don't think it matters that much. Fluid is fluid. As long as you get the air out its all good. I usually tap the calipers with a rubber mallet to loosen any air pockets in the fluid.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
There is absolutely no point in you taking this to a dealership. You have an aftermarket part with aftermarket fluid etc. Thay will gladly charge you the 100 dollar diagnostic fee for basically coming back and telling you "Sorry, we cannot do anything". Your best bet is an evo shop or some shop that specializes in aftermarket installations.

And you say you're seeing this on all 4 corners? WOW! that definitely beats me. I'm no expert and you need one.

BTW, where the hell is "Walnut"? You can PM me your location if you're not comfortable posting it public. I was just gonna do a quick lookup to see which is a good shop.
thanks for the advise! my location is 909 area, that is CA91789.
thanks. a good evo shop would be RRE and i asked them while they were on the track with me, and he said it shouldnt because of the line...but i forgot what he said...anyway thanks for the help!
Old May 5, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

I did purchased these lines from another vendor and ended up paying much more. They're great lines and the quality is excellent, I just have to remember to page FBP to check prices on parts before I pull the trigger else where.

Quick Reply: PICS: Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines - EVO X