Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

TPMS DIY Tool coming ???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can someone else please heckle jim chen to see if he says anything about the quickset? i still need it lol
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great, I just called the local Costco and they have the software update for the X. Yippeee!!!!! Except, now the guy tells me they are not certified to do it so they will not do it for the forseeable future. Not because the device cannot do it, but because they are not certified and it could be a liability issue for them.

Bastards!! They could've just told us that when I was first asking them since the last few months. If anybody is able to get their local costco guy to do this for them, let us know the procedure so we can have it done as well. Appreciate the help in advance.

At this rate I would rename this thread to "TPMS DIY tool coming late 2011" if I could. Absolutely no love for all of us here.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bump
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugifighter
At this point, it's a race between this DIY tool to reprogram the ECU with new sensors every tire/season change, OR the programmable sensors from ez-sensors, which lets you program the 4 new sensors to be the same ID codes as your first 4 stock sensors. There-by eliminating the need to reprogram every season change.

http://www.ez-sensor.com/programming-the-sensor.html

Which ever comes out first will gets my business. Currently my stock rims are my winter set now. I'll be purchasing new rims for my summer tires come spring. Hopefully by then one of these 2 will be available on the market.
This looks like the answer. Has anyone used this successfully on the Evo X??
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:23 AM

Unfortunately none of these solutions are available. I was looking at the Orange sensors since they were cheaper and looked like they were ready. But they only have the OPSS Programmer available. Orange sensors SC36AA looked like the ones for our cars but the reProgrammable sensors are still not being sold yet. Right now i'm living with the stupid warning on the center display. I'm hating the fact that we can only have 1 set of wheels programmed in while the new STI's have the ability to program 2 sets of wheels into the ecu. What was thinking.... probably money and greed?

"
No, the SC36AA are not re-programmable. Our sensors are designed to be 100% compatible with the pre-existing OE sensors on your car. The applications that you follow to install the OE sensors would be the same for our sensors. Each sensor has a unique installation application specific to the year make and model of your car.

Unfortunately we do not yet offer the re-programmable domestic sensors. The re-programmable sensors that we offer were designed to alleviate the need for the expensive OBD tool that is required for Asian vehicles. With the OBD tool you had to re-program the ECU on the car, with our OPSS you can re-program an individual sensor.
"
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i still dont get it??????????
how come the ecuflash guys make a solution for us????????
or someone else????????????
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugifighter
Unfortunately none of these solutions are available.
Not available just yet. I contacted one of their sales reps today. Their Lancer application should be out by the end of this summer 2010.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cpunlamd
Not available just yet. I contacted one of their sales reps today. Their Lancer application should be out by the end of this summer 2010.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Not knocking on your effort, just saying that these guys do not know anything about the realease to begin with. ANy dates they give us seem to be "estimates" or "projected" dates. Screw that, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
I'll believe it when I see it.
Thats the only thing we can do ---> wait (aside from buying a 2nd set of oem sensors). Since my winter stockers wont be needed till late November, I can wait..
Old May 27, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

I inquired to ATEQ about the DIY reset tool. They said they've been working on the Evo for months but haven't been able to get it to work yet. No estimate of time to complete... not a great sign.
Old May 27, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

They've either got stupid people working for them or they're not giving it any priority at all and just feeding us ****. How the **** does it take months to make it work for a car. Its not like they're hacking it! They already have the device, its already working for other CAN based vehicles. Give it to Tactrix or Hamish and they'd figure it out sooner!

I'm sorry, I am just frustrated as **** with these delays and lies these guys keep telling us. #$%^#^$&%^&*^@%!@!*()()(
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Could a DODGE/CHRYSLER dealer program these, since they have/had Mitsu based cars? I don't know how this stuff works, so sorry if it's a stupid question.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
They've either got stupid people working for them or they're not giving it any priority at all and just feeding us ****. How the **** does it take months to make it work for a car. Its not like they're hacking it! They already have the device, its already working for other CAN based vehicles. Give it to Tactrix or Hamish and they'd figure it out sooner!

I'm sorry, I am just frustrated as **** with these delays and lies these guys keep telling us. #$%^#^$&%^&*^@%!@!*()()(
Yeah, it should not take this long. I'm going to give Costco a try here in a few weeks when I get my new wheels. I got a second set of TPMS sensors for the summer wheels, so we'll see how that goes. This tool would be perfect if they'd just get around to supporting our car.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
Could a DODGE/CHRYSLER dealer program these, since they have/had Mitsu based cars? I don't know how this stuff works, so sorry if it's a stupid question.
LMAO at pulling up to a Dodge dealer in your X.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dboz
I was thinking the same thing since when I was looking up the part at costco the same Part was for chrysler vehicles. I doubt the programming is the same.

The parts guy at the dealership that I go, who is also honest has told me lots of people were having troubles getting the TPMS from other places were having to return them and come back and buy the ones from the dealership.

My dealership want $600 cdn for them plus programming cost. And i live 5+ hours away.

Quick Reply: TPMS DIY Tool coming ???