Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Hawk HPS Pads

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk HPS Pads

i have swapped my stock pads with hawk hps pads and i'm having some weird issues. I got my rotors turned and they looked like new when they came out O'railies.
I assembled my breaks and put on the hawk pads and i followed instructions on how to break them in. First they did not want to grip at all after the break in they started griping but nothing compared to the stock once. I drove around for a long time just to see if there is going to be any improvement and still nothing.
Only when i press the peddle hard two times they seem to be stoping better
The pads dont look like they fit over the whole rotor was not rly sure if its supposed to be that way
Any suggestions or recommendations?

thanks for any comment
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scrumby
i have swapped my stock pads with hawk hps pads and i'm having some weird issues. I got my rotors turned and they looked like new when they came out O'railies.
I assembled my breaks and put on the hawk pads and i followed instructions on how to break them in. First they did not want to grip at all after the break in they started griping but nothing compared to the stock once. I drove around for a long time just to see if there is going to be any improvement and still nothing.
The pads dont look like they fit over the whole rotor was not rly sure if its supposed to be that way

thanks for any comment
I've got the Hawk pads, and they feel great... much better than stock... although I had braided lines installed at the same time? Still should be good though...
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:47 PM

i mean i have like 1/4 of a inch of rotor that the pads don't cover after driving it i have a shiny stripe that the old pad used to cover is yours the same?
here are some pics and its very hard to see
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...6-17-54-38.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...6-17-57-45.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...6-17-53-52.jpg

Last edited by Scrumby; Dec 16, 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scrumby

thanks for any comment
+1
Just swapped out my stock pads with Hawk HPS, they definitely don't grip as good as the stock pads.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
HPS are junk. I don't recommend them. Love their race pads, but hate their street pads.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the stock "custom" ferodos are in fact better than the hps pads, although are way too dusty in my opinion to justify keeping them. normally when you look at hps pads, you put them in cars with really poor oem pads and < 200hp, so it does translate to a good performance increase if you look at it from that point.

but for the evo? nuh-uh. i was a bit disappointed with them - i still have them on my x, and i know for a fact that i have to hit them harder to stop the car, even with ss brake lines. then again, it stops the car just fine, and dust is no longer a problem. it's a trade-off i can live with, even if my next pads may not be the same, per-se.