Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

FQ-400 Suspension, how would one purchase this.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FQ-400 Suspension, how would one purchase this.

I have been looking for a nice suspension set up but am stuck.

I thought about coilovers but I have used them on a number of my vehicles and they are always a very stiff ride which I am not a fan of for a daily driver. So I was reading about springs for these cars for the last year and it seems that SWIFTS are the best bet, but as much as SWIFT has designed them for the Evo X, they still haven’t been designed together like an OEM set up which leads me to what this thread is about.

The FQ-400 in Europe comes with the same Bilstein & Eibach combo as the MRs but are 30mm (1.2”) lower in the front and 25mm (1”) in the rear. I figured this would be about the same as I would lower my car if I were to go with coilovers but in a OEM/Factory set up. It is similar to the SWIFT set up but I would guess it would run smoother than anything given it is an OEM set up.

So I am wondering if anyone has been able to get a hold of any FQ Evo X parts and if you have, where did you get them from?

I think this is the pefect stance. Not to low making it hard to get in and out of driveways but also getting rid of the fender gap.

Old May 27, 2010, 10:11 AM
Account Disabled

if you want coilovers, check out endura-tech - they are made primarily for street comfort & performance, not bone jarring crap like most out there. We have had great luck with them and i plan to get a set for my X
Old May 27, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Synaptic3e
if you want coilovers, check out endura-tech - they are made primarily for street comfort & performance, not bone jarring crap like most out there. We have had great luck with them and i plan to get a set for my X
I am still not sure about coilovers as I have bought "street" coilovers before and they were still terrible for daily driving. I am looking for something pretty close to the OEM ride, just lower.

Also a few of the articles I have read about the endura-tech coilovers for the Evo X say they lean more toward track use and aggressive street with a 10kg front and 10kg rear spring rates. So from that I assume they would be a fairly hard ride.
Old May 27, 2010, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Lol!!

10k is not streetable coilover or not. You still have to control the spring or bounce down the street . You want a high quality coilover that has a lot of stut travel and can use longer (longer=bigger sweet spot) and softer spring rate. From the description of the FQ400 springs the honestly sound like Eibach pro springs with properly valved struts.

I would either buy some second hand MR bilstiens and have them revalved to match the Eibachs or Swifts or buy ast or better coilovers.
Old May 29, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya im pretty sure the eibach pro kit will give you what you want.... and as others have said just get some bilstiens and have them re-vavled... problem solved. thats what i would love to do
Old May 29, 2010, 09:49 PM

I have a set of endura-tech's on my X, and they are amazing. I bought a set of BC racing coilovers first, and the ride was too bumpy and noisy for my taste.

Even tho the endura-tech have 10kg front an rear springs, they are valves accordingly. The ride won't beat u up. U can feel a difference between clicks. They are a bit pricey, but well worth the money.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

FQ400 uses Bilstein shocks and Eibach pro kit, why would anyone want that?? The +20 offset of the wheels flatters the drop imo.........
Old May 31, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
30mm H&R Sport Springs......
Old May 31, 2010, 06:46 AM
pao
Evolving Member

stop reminding us how badly we get shafted here in the states - lol - good luck on your search though
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Who re-valves the factory struts to match Eibach springs?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Just get the Eibach Prokits and the MR Bilsteins. I'm leaning towards a set of Prokits for my GSR since they should ride a bit nicer and give a lower drop than the Swifts. I had Swifts on my IX, they are a very quality spring, the drop just sucks for the X IMO.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom X Evo
Who re-valves the factory struts to match Eibach springs?
Bilstein if you have the MR Bilsteins, if you have the GSR KYB's then you're out of luck.