Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Which Lug Buts to get?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Lug Nuts to get?

hey everyone. I just purchased a set of Black Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 +15 for my WW Evo X. I was wondering which lug nuts to get? Their are so many and im having a hard time choosing among them. I know a lot of you have the same setup so could you guys post pics or recommendations. Thanks in advance.

by the way, i was thinking of getting enkei rpf1 center caps. Ebay has all kinds of models. Which is real? lol

Last edited by Evod350z; Feb 25, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evod350z
hey everyone. I just purchased a set of Black Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 +15 for my WW Evo X. I was wondering which lug nuts to get? Their are so many and im having a hard time choosing among them. I know a lot of you have the same setup so could you guys post pics or recommendations. Thanks in advance.

by the way, i was thinking of getting enkei rpf1 center caps. Ebay has all kinds of models. Which is real? lol

I ordered the same wheels for my ww x. Since you're copying off of me .. Mcgard makes a lug nut kit 65557bk comes with closed end, spline drive, 16 reg, 4 locking lugs, and tire stems... black.

I'm curious to know who got the better deal, PM me who you bought your wheels from and what you paid, and the eta... I checked with the local vendors and ended up going another route myself
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

ok thanks. Ill google it now and check up on it. I sent you a pm by the way. I doubt youd beat my price new lol.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

What are you looking for in a lug nut? something cheap that just works? Something baller that other wheel ****** will recognize you by and know how much money you spent for AWESOME nuts?

If you go the cheap route: just get any cheapie tuner nuts, get any muteki, works or the regular ray's lugs. I shied from these because of their simple 1 piece design, when you torque on the nuts, you'll scratch your wheel at the lug hole.

baller route: Project kics R40 or R28's, Rays Formula lugs. Both these have a 2 piece design and are really expensive for lugs. 200+ for the kics and 400+ for the rays. the 2 pc design is superior because the portion of the lug that makes contact with the wheel is independent of the rest of the lug so it stay stationary as the lug is torqued onto the wheel.

mid route: get the mcgards or gorilla lugs with the 2 piece design... not as pretty as the baller ones but still do the job well.

the size for our cars is 12x1.5mm

oh, and i went for the project kics R40's because i got a decent deal on them (paid 180) BNIB. People still look at me crazy at work for paying ~200 bucks for lugs haha! They're a nice match for my Advan RZ's though =)
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just ordered nt03's in 18x9.5. I'm going with Kics R40 locking lugs. I've had some back luck with mcgard before. The lugs themselves are ok, but their keys always break if you torque to spec =/ the price difference isn't that much anyway.

edit: 180 is a good deal on r40's? dang, just PM Touge Factory they'll beat that
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LiQuIdCrAzN
What are you looking for in a lug nut? something cheap that just works? Something baller that other wheel ****** will recognize you by and know how much money you spent for AWESOME nuts?

If you go the cheap route: just get any cheapie tuner nuts, get any muteki, works or the regular ray's lugs. I shied from these because of their simple 1 piece design, when you torque on the nuts, you'll scratch your wheel at the lug hole.

baller route: Project kics R40 or R28's, Rays Formula lugs. Both these have a 2 piece design and are really expensive for lugs. 200+ for the kics and 400+ for the rays. the 2 pc design is superior because the portion of the lug that makes contact with the wheel is independent of the rest of the lug so it stay stationary as the lug is torqued onto the wheel.

mid route: get the mcgards or gorilla lugs with the 2 piece design... not as pretty as the baller ones but still do the job well.

the size for our cars is 12x1.5mm

oh, and i went for the project kics R40's because i got a decent deal on them (paid 180) BNIB. People still look at me crazy at work for paying ~200 bucks for lugs haha! They're a nice match for my Advan RZ's though =)
damn baller... lol

my nursing salary may not allow me to spend $200 on just lug nuts.

I was looking at the Muteki SR48 Black Lug Nuts Open End 12x1.50 Whats everyones take on that?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
i just ordered nt03's in 18x9.5. I'm going with Kics R40 locking lugs. I've had some back luck with mcgard before. The lugs themselves are ok, but their keys always break if you torque to spec =/ the price difference isn't that much anyway.

edit: 180 is a good deal on r40's? dang, just PM Touge Factory they'll beat that
eh i thought it was a "decent" deal not great... a guy on my local forums posted them up for sale so we met up and i didnt have to pay for any shipping or tax crap... i got REALLY trigger happy with buying stuff cuz my rims came in that week haha!

and OP: the muteki's will do fine... you'll just be scratching up your rims on the lug holes is all. you won't see it once the lugs are on so up to you =) I know plenty of guys running the muteki's and non have anything bad to say.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

lol i know what you mean. I just bought my wheels today and i want to have lug nuts before they arrive.

no other way to prevent the lug holes from being scratched?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lug Buts? Have to think about that. lol
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meckert
Lug Buts? Have to think about that. lol
lol i just noticed that. Fixed!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I have the RPF1s also, and I used Kics Leggdura Forged Aluminum nuts. You will get more paint damage from driving on the street than one piece nuts will cause. They saved me about .5lbs per wheel just with lug nuts. They are about $150.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:40 PM

Hey guys..it would be great if people could post some good pics of the lugs on the wheels. I have the rpf1 SBC and I'm stuck between the kics r40 or r26's if anybody have this setup please post pics.

OP..sorry not trying to tread jack your post..
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

my kics are the gunmetal R40's. Advan RZ's are Dark Gunmetal. My car is "gunmetal" Graphite grey ahhaha

Last edited by LiQuIdCrAzN; Mar 1, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

I've been considering these for my RZs, and they're extra thievery-proof..lemme know what you think.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...tegory_Code=L1
Old Mar 6, 2011, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

I went with the muteki sr35 and they look good on my black rpf1. Paint match is on point.

Quick Reply: Which Lug Buts to get?