Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

I Finally got $1500 for coilovers! What should i get! or should?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
A good set of lowering springs shouldn't allow you to be too near that point, though.
Eibach's PRo kit is only a 1.4" Drop Front, 1.2" Drop Rear. If that's all you want, Springs will be ok as long as you follow the instructions to cut the stock bump stops because you will otherwise be out of travel under normal driving. The factory struts do not have a ton of travel to begin with so if you do more than a mild drop, even with cutting the stops down, your ride will be crap.

So, if you want to go show car low, coilovers are the only way to go. Though, too low and the geometry of everything will be off and the car will instead handle like crap unless you put a lot of money into getting everything else in adjustable bits to compensate.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Finally got $1500 for coilovers! What should i get! or should?

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i think actually for car show , he needs a coilover vs spring. Those coilovers are good for show, most judges i guess wouldnt give more points FA vs Ohlins, as long as teh FA has a better looking camber plates lol. As long as has a red or some shiny color they will add points for his car vs the very subtle springs look. Most cheapos are comes with camber plates which also would raise the bar, specially if he picks the coilover by the camber plate color. Like matching with a car or the engine bay etc. I am sure you got the idea.
This^^,
You need something that looks pretty in the engine bay. A cheap coilovers with camber plates should do the job, since you probably don't care about performance or ride quality.
I would just get a set of Megan racing for 500bucks...plenty ppl on Facebook sells these at that price.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by splattj
Eibach's PRo kit is only a 1.4" Drop Front, 1.2" Drop Rear. If that's all you want, Springs will be ok as long as you follow the instructions to cut the stock bump stops because you will otherwise be out of travel under normal driving. The factory struts do not have a ton of travel to begin with so if you do more than a mild drop, even with cutting the stops down, your ride will be crap.

So, if you want to go show car low, coilovers are the only way to go. Though, too low and the geometry of everything will be off and the car will instead handle like crap unless you put a lot of money into getting everything else in adjustable bits to compensate.
eibach pro rides "good" and a reliable, if you install them right.
Never had a problem never blown any coils with them. Although i find them a little soft for tracking though...
So for the price hard to beat them , maybe swift but the R is too harsh for me the other one is too tall, so i prefer the Pro because they are some way between those two in my opinion.

here i do some autox with stock coils and eibach Pro springs , you can see the body roll, hence the soft comment of mine. So i am not sure why people say they are ruining the ride because they are too stiff.
I like them for what they are. They good for look and basically that is it. ( so as the cheapo coils and springs)

PS:sorry for the auto focus and crappy video, i am also bad with cone reading, i just got pushed into this after i was spectating my friends. lol
So no walk through or any preparation etc.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 05:37 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Stock coils?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Stock coils?
you got me. thinking too much of coils lol
Old Jul 6, 2015, 05:43 PM