Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

HELP, choosing new suspensions..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP, choosing new suspensions..

Ok, time to get a new set up, my kybs are done for, and throwing in the garbage the eibach springs . So here my options and concersns.
Ideally I want Bilstein and Swift's specs r. Problem is that I can only find used Bilstein, as new ones are crazy expensive, so maybe I'd rather go with a coilovers set. I had bc brs on my STI for 3 years and loved them, here everyone bashing them. I use the car on normal roads and once in a while on the track. So isn't better to get new bc instead of used Bilstein with spring? Or another option would be buying a new set of stock kyb and spec r springs... Appreciate ur thoughts......
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
It's easy to tell others how to spend their money. It's even easier to have an opinion (informed or not.)

Truth is, a lot of coilovers in that range are Taiwan made copies of other systems that cost twice as much. BC is one of these. They'll work just fine for the average enthusiast who's not depending on the performance of the more expensive stuff to bring home a paycheck.

I used Megan Racing "Track Specs on my evo in TT and AutoX events for a long time before I happened upon a set of warrantied out set of Penske's that I picked up for next to nothing. Is there a difference? yes. Is it worth the extra money? Not to me, no - then again I race for fun... not a job.

I believe you'll be happy with BC - the true junk brands start when you get much cheaper than BC, so try and stay away from them if you can.

-ash