Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

front+rear swaybars, anything else?

Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front+rear swaybars, anything else?

Good day all, I want to get some fsb and rsb installed on my (spirited) daily driven X MR, any other recommendations you can make for a better driving experience? Are the endlinks recommended in tandem as well? I plan on sticking with the stock Bilstein shocks until time for replacement comes, got about 18,000 miles in the car so far, might be a while for them. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by RuRu
Good day all, I want to get some fsb and rsb installed on my (spirited) daily driven X MR, any other recommendations you can make for a better driving experience? Are the endlinks recommended in tandem as well? I plan on sticking with the stock Bilstein shocks until time for replacement comes, got about 18,000 miles in the car so far, might be a while for them. Thanks in advance!
I would swap endlinks at the same time. The OEM ones are puny, and others have had them break soon after swapping for a stiffer sway bar. Upgraded front motor mount/bracket and solid driveshaft bushings really help get rid of the sloppy drivetrain feel. Lookup the install procedure for the front sway bar ahead of time, its kind of a pain. You have to drop the front chassis subframe. Rear is as easy as things get though.
The following users liked this post:
RuRu (Jun 17, 2019)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 06:54 PM

awesome, as for front motor mounts... ams or torque solution?
I'm getting the bars installed in a shop after reading how crazy doing the front one is
Old Jun 17, 2019, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

awesome, as for front motor mounts... ams or torque solution?
I'm getting the bars installed in a shop after reading how crazy doing the front one is
If you go with the torque solution bracket you don't have to deal with pressing out the old bushing. STM makes a "lightweight front cross member brace" that includes the bushing and bracket and is just as easy to install.
RuRu (Jun 17, 2019)
Old Jun 22, 2019, 03:29 PM

thanks for the tips, went with the stm crossmember and transmission brace bushings in addition to the swaybars+endlinks
Old Jun 22, 2019, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the tips, went with the stm crossmember and transmission brace bushings in addition to the swaybars+endlinks
Cool, update us with your thoughts afterwards.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Don’t mean to thread jack but this is exactly what I was looking for. Would you recommend just the front engine mount or all four? Also for a spirited daily driver.
RuRu (Jun 25, 2019)
Old Jun 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

I only have the front installed. Its the easiest. I've heard the others are nice, but not as noticeable. I have the TS rear, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I’ve read conflicting things about having all four. Adds tons of nvh and others say it’s not noticeable. Thanks for the input though.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How is the vibration and noise after installing all these? I notice more vibration just from the front mount, let alone driveshaft busings. I'm also on a 9, so noise is common lol.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GaBe511
How is the vibration and noise after installing all these? I notice more vibration just from the front mount, let alone driveshaft busings. I'm also on a 9, so noise is common lol.
I didn't notice any noise or vibration changes after the driveshaft bushings. Even the front mount chilled out after about 2 weeks of daily driving and a little re-tightening. I'm doing the rest of the mounts one at a time.
RuRu (Jun 25, 2019)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:20 PM

I might keep the oem bushings in and go with a carbon fiber driveshaft, would you recommend going with the aftermarket bushings? I've read it makes things much louder and jerkier on lightweight driveshaft with solid bushings
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

I might keep the oem bushings in and go with a carbon fiber driveshaft, would you recommend going with the aftermarket bushings? I've read it makes things much louder and jerkier on lightweight driveshaft with solid bushings
CF drive-shaft is going to cost between $1100-$1500 vs $60 for solid carrier bushings. Carrier bushings were just a bang-for-your-buck type of suggestion.
RuRu (Jun 26, 2019)

Search this Thread