Notices
Evo XI Wish List What would you like to see on a USA Evo XI?

My wish list..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wishlist would be:
6 speed manual
no hybrid to keep weight down but a mild 48 volt hybrid to add e-torque and better fuel economy
awd but similar to the new mercedes A45s amg 4matic+ (rear wheel bias)
400 hp or more, again to compete with the merc a45s
Bring back the Recaro seats or better
auto blip/ auto rev match that can be turned on and off because I suck at heel and toe
Old Sep 5, 2019, 09:48 AM

Wide tires with tons of grip
Massive brakes
Throwback style to the 3rd/4th gen
100% electric combined with Mitsubishi's renowned ability to control all 4 wheels.
250 miles of range.
Recaro Seats
Sub $50k

Alternatively...
Wide tires with tons of grip
Massive brakes
Throwback style to the 3rd/4th gen
2.0t with 400hp/AWD
Manual trans and crank windows
Recaro Seats
Sub $40k
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Decisions Decisions

I'll start by posting a pic of my EVOs

Decisions Decisions

My wish list is this:
Grab what works from these two cars (EVO8/9 & X) and offer 3 trim levels like the EVO 8. Keep the programmable ECU!!! Let Mitsubishi take advantage of some aftermarket performance upgrades without having to fully support them. Work with a few manufacturers to give them a heads up. Similar to the BRX/FRS upgrade plan. This could span all trim levels actually. Offer a "track mode" that understands off road but high performance (think public roads vs track) environments with higher octane/boost as well as traction settings. This might be how to dodge certain "hiway" restrictions being imposed. Of course if Dodge can build the Hellcat there seems to be a way around that. Upgrades to suspension either from the factory or via this 3rd party support network would be essential. Imagine if Mitsubishi shipped MCS coilovers in these cars!

Trim levels:
A "lightweight" car with only performance features could be profitable for Mitsubishi and would give them some bragging rights. This trim level should have a 5 speed. Both the 6 and the SST transmissions are less durable when used in high stress driving activities. Unlike the EVO 8 RS, I would spec anti-lock brakes. Build in attach points for harnesses even if only threaded holes for bolts.

Middle trim level could be with either 6 speed or SST provided they have an upgrade path for some non factory parts like trans coolers. Keep the options for performance available even if via 3rd party. Keep the EVOX super yaw control but consider an adjustable center differential with the ability to divert more power to the rear wheels.

Performance Trim that pulls from all the sources of power including electric. This street monster won't be the lightest but it could be rather fun to drive if configured properly. We've seen performance hybrids before, Mitsubishi has a chance to show the world the kind of car we would drive with benefits from the past and future tech.

This is a wish list thread and these are some of my wishes.
The following users liked this post:
hokiruu (Nov 13, 2019)
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A longitudinal mounted engine, 4x4, 6 speed.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Had I paid any attention to Subaru in 2008, I might have a Legacy Spec.B right now. But I was an Evo fan.

If I'm going to replace my Evo X, I need the next car to be a 4-door Grand Tourer. Ford not only denied the US market the Falcon, but actually axed it entirely. As it stands now, the Legacy is either an automatic, or a slow-as-**** 2L car. So, if we're comparing future cars for me to buy brand-new, Mitsubishi has a chance to earn my business again.

I'm not interested in replacing the gauges with a screen, I don't care if it has a touchscreen infotainment system, or Bluetooth. I don't care about AYC: I'm pretty damn sure a torsen limited-slip in the front and clutch-type LSD elsewhere will get me the handling I want. (If Mitsubishi insists on AYC, they need to put the pump somewhere else. The current position exposes it to road salt, and guarantees corrosion.)

The Lancer Evolution became a legendary badass car without gadgets. Pushing an infotainment system and flappy-paddle twin-clutch transmission didn't make the Evo X faster, but damn sure raised the price and weight. Making sure car magazines ONLY got flappy-paddle Evos to test, and the MSRP that went with that, convinced more than a few people that Evo X was out of their budget. Mitsubishi needs to learn from those past mistakes.

As far as the look, I thought Evolution VII was the prettiest Evo, and my Evolution X was the next prettiest.
And those of us who studied Evolution VII might remember the Evo VII GT-A. "GT-A" stood for something like "Gran Turismo - Automatic", and I don't want an automatic transmission at all. I can even do my own rev-matching, thank you. ...But there were other aspects of it that appeal to me. It was targeted for a "more mature" niche market, so it had a shorter wing for less of a boy-racer look, and I think it might have had more sound damping material than a standard Evo VII. I could use that. I'm using my Evo X as an all-weather daily driver, and combination of gear noise, tire noise, and wind noise is a nuisance on the highway.

I also want my next car to have a wide-ratio transmission, with highway gears appropriate to a 70 zone (where people will really go about 80mph). I don't care to have my engine buzzing at 3500rpm on the highway. I don't care if the transmission has 6 speeds, or 5... I want highway gears, and the torque to turn them.

They can sell an Evolution RS that's geared short as ****, and I'm sure some customers will want that. I think some Germans, and I, want a 6-speed geared for an Autobahn.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having owned several Evo's, STI's Golf R's, GTI's, and driven almost everything (interned at Lamborghini, worked for Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover, etc.). Really do hope Mitsubishi and the team at Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance can bring this amazing machine back.

I would ask for the following simple things:
  • 6-Speed
  • 350hp
  • Active AWD (Not partial like the VW haldex)
  • Front and rear LSD
  • Same independent mcphearson strut with coil front (no slip fit VW style)
  • Same independent multi link with double wishbone and coil spring rear
  • Brembo 6 piston front 4 piston rear
  • Recaro's (Sportster CS style)
  • Some form of design language from previous generation Evo's aka aggressive wide body, big wing, etc
Options:
  • Sunroof
  • DCT
  • Leather interior or alcantara interior
  • Alcantara wheel with red center stripe (STI Type RA style)
  • Delete packages (similar to Porsche where you can spec a stripped out version)
  • Carbon roof

I think that would check about all the boxes for me.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 09:15 PM

We all want a manual, but I just dont see them doing it, even though the current Renault model it might be based on does still have them. But I doubt the new generation this one would be based on still does.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedAddict502
We all want a manual, but I just dont see them doing it, even though the current Renault model it might be based on does still have them. But I doubt the new generation this one would be based on still does.
You may be right, in which case there's no point making an Evo XI.
...And that seems to be Mitsubishi's most likely course.
Whatever engineers and enthusiasts masterminded Evolution I - IX, they don't work at Mitsubishi any more. Mitsubishi might have realized that they've lost touch with the enthusiast market and can't make money there.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEvo210
You may be right, in which case there's no point making an Evo XI.
...And that seems to be Mitsubishi's most likely course.
Whatever engineers and enthusiasts masterminded Evolution I - IX, they don't work at Mitsubishi any more. Mitsubishi might have realized that they've lost touch with the enthusiast market and can't make money there.
It's a sad trend and really shows how important the bottom line is for car manufacturers. They would rather castrate a car than lose money in sales. Competition is cut throat. Lexus stopped making manuals years ago too. We all know and understand that the dual clutch autos out perform all traditional H pattern manuals, but most people are not after the best track time, they just want to shift and clutch press because it's fun. I would be ok if Mitsu sold most evo XI's in automatic (they likely will ), but at least offer it in a manual trans for more cost to buyer, even if at a loss to the company. The ones who bought the manuals will likely keep their value.

Old Sep 15, 2019, 09:22 PM

I would gladly pay more for the manual as long as it wasnt just crazy.
The following users liked this post:
BluEvo210 (May 5, 2020)
Old Nov 13, 2019, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty Much what everyone said.
Manual, AWD, turbo (duh, or don't bother so mine can keep appreciating)
LSDs
Strong tranny and tcase
STRONG bottom end again
Closer to 350-400hp
Keep the weight and size down
Big brakes, don't care who gets the contract as long as they are effective and don't weigh a ton
Comfy, heavily bolstered seats, see line above^
Excellent headlights
Tunable
Easy to work on (fluids, plugs, fuel,etc)
Spare us the intrusive nannies. Don't need or want to pay for them.
"Evo Lineage Evolution" styling, not some random departure on a hunch of perceived trends
Similar reliability.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 01:05 PM

Man that all would be amazing. No way they would, but it would be great. I would buy 2 haha
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Heavily modified Eclipse Cross body, making the eclipse name actually relevant again. Make a trim level called VR-4 with all wheel steering
Old Dec 5, 2019, 04:56 PM

I just wish they don’t make something that is Impossible to compete with the GTR. I hope it’s not full electric but the world is moving towards electric. If I recall correctly Nissan owns some of Mitsubishi so I doubt they will beat something that will scare Godzilla for cheaper.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 05:49 PM

I just really hope it's not a neutered electric SUV/crossover. And my goodness, can we work on the looks of this thing? Manufacturers are such cowards with styling these days.

Quick Reply: My wish list..