Notices
EvoM Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.
View Poll Results: Should we run the Mitsubishi Text Ad Campaign?
Yes, Let's Help Mitsubishi Out.
72.46%
No, Don't Run The Ads.
27.54%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Mitsubishi Campaign - PLEASE VOTE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:50 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Campaign - PLEASE VOTE

Hey Everyone,

Mitsubishi has a text ad campaign that they would like to run on EvoM. The problem is they need to run them as "text links", which means you will be seeing those ads with the double green lines. Now the reason why I'm posting this up is because in past many of you have expressed your disapproval for text ads. I can go either direction with this so it doesn't really matter to me. The only reason why I would agree to this is because it would be helping Mitsubishi out. Without them we wouldn't have this site or the cars that we drive.

The campaign is for 3 months and will only be Mitsubishi ads (nothing else). If we all agree to go for it, then the campaign will start April 1st.

PLEASE VOTE!!!

Last edited by spt; Mar 26, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

As long as it is only Mitsu ads, I gots no problem with it.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spt
Hey Everyone,

Mitsubishi has a text ad campaign that they would like to run on EvoM. The problem is they need to run them as "text links", which means you will be seeing those ads with the double green lines. Now the reason why I'm posting this up is because in past many of you have expressed your disapproval for text ads. I can go either direction with this so it doesn't really matter to me. The only reason why I would agree to this is because it would be helping Mitsubishi out. Without them we wouldn't have this site or the cars that we drive.

The campaign is for 3 months and will only be Mitsubishi ads (nothing else). If we all agree to go for it, then the campaign will start April 1st.

PLEASE VOTE!!!
They didn't and haven't ever helped me out, so why should we? If EvoM is gonna get money then I'm all for it, if it is just for charity tell them they owe me an engine and a transfer case.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
They didn't and haven't ever helped me out, so why should we? If EvoM is gonna get money then I'm all for it, if it is just for charity tell them they owe me an engine and a transfer case.
EvoM will be getting money for this, but the main concern is simple annoyance. I rather not commit to something that no one wants to see or have on the site. It would defeat the purpose.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Lets do it, at least they recognize EvoM as a place to promote finally.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Ultimatum, If they honor our warranties, we'll let them advertise.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nutrulz
Ultimatum, If they honor our warranties, we'll let them advertise.
Good one! Does this mean they are going to be more accepting of aftermarket mods at the dealerships I wonder?

Either way, it's money to Evom, so why not.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Well then, as long as it is only Mitsu adverts and not "partner" adverts I'm fine with it. And as long they don't get into every single word for the ads. I hate the sites where it says "The Evo is a hot car" and Evo, hot, and car all bring up ads of different things. "Find articles on Darwin's Evolution theory" "Meet someone hot at perfectmatch.com" "Looking for a new car with low credit? Try bananajammas perfect cars"

So really, it comes down to how out of hand it will get. But as long as it isn't too out of hand, poppin some money to this happy community is a great thing and I'm all for it.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm, just thought of something.

Does advertising on the site give them more legal leverage to deny warranty claims based on EvoM posts? Something for EVERYONE to think about...
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

Does advertising on the site give them more legal leverage to deny warranty claims based on EvoM posts? Something for EVERYONE to think about...
Absolutely NOT. The contract is for advertising ONLY and not a joint partnership or any type of teaming agreement / affiliation contract. This is just simple advertising and nothing else.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm all for giving a little back. Now if they want to fix my car for free under warranty...I'll vote again.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:47 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If they link evom.net in their website, that would be great
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

im with you on that one...^^
Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

I have run into problems with said advertising methods on other forums...For example, when you use the words Mistubishi, Evolution, Galant, Lancer, or anything pertaining to Mitsubishi ("hotwords," if you will) videos and text boxes load and effect the load-time greatly. They slow down searches and frankly annoy the crap out of the reader. If Mistubishi wants to pay for advertising, I find the banner ads to be very effective, without cluttering the board in an evasive matter. There are vendors and dealerships who use said banner ads to generate business, so surely it works. I feel that the hyperlink hotword advetising will make this board much less-enjoyable...Please, for the sake of evom, stay away from this idea...Others who support what I've said, repost.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spt
Absolutely NOT. The contract is for advertising ONLY and not a joint partnership or any type of teaming agreement / affiliation contract. This is just simple advertising and nothing else.
Originally Posted by sblvro
If they link evom.net in their website, that would be great
I don't know if Mitsu would find that much to their benefit. Imagine someone clicking on that link and the first things they see are "Mitsu denied my warranty", "Mitsu paint sucks", "Check out my girlfriend's hooters".

Maybe instead ask Mitsu to make all Lancer/Evo announcements on EvoM before releasing the info to anyone else.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Campaign - PLEASE VOTE