Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is MR sold in the US

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One is Japanese and one isnt, that's like asking what's the difference between the USDM VIII and the JDM VIII...so not a whole lot to matter really, I think the seats are the biggest difference (or smallest...heh, get it? stupid fat americans) but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong
Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Question

Originally Posted by Import_Racer
I live in Grand Island, Nebraska I'm having trouble finding the MR though.
import racer, what is your zipcode? i can help you find 1. how much r u willing to spend?
Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:28 PM

oh I see I thought there was a bigger difference between the two than that. (this part is to housedj) Yeah I did that already I went on the Mitsubishi website and went to find a dealer and **** but I don't think I did it right so here is my zipcode 68801 please tell me the nearest MR.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:29 PM

Hey there is a VIII GSR??? God I'm such a newb but I thought I knew it all because I'm getting one pretty soon and I like planned everything out like the parts I'm gonna get and stuff like that but I need to learn a few more things first lol.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

searching now. give me a few minutes...
Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

The GSR is the plain 8, not the RS or the MR...at least from what I understand...and I'm still not sure that those are the only differences...I'm sure there's a few more, like the cool climate controls on the JDM..and the headlight housing is different...I'm not sure about performance stuff though...oh and lets not forget that it's LHD instead of RHD, that's a big difference, lol
Old Jan 30, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

here you go. all 3 MR's are at the same dealership. 2 silver & 1 grey. you will have to call them to see if they are still there as they don't always updates sites quickly.
you will have to take a drive to get one though:

05 grey stock #M309 $35,594
05 silver " #M310 $35,594
05 silver " #M309 $35,594

Overland Park Mitsubishi (est. 379.5 miles from zipcode 68801)
8787 metcalf
overland park, ks 66212
(913) 648-8100
Old Jan 30, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

If you're looking for an MR, get an MR...but honestly i don't think they are quite worth the money theyre asking. Since all of the '05 GSR's have the ACD (active center differential) and the 10.5 turbo outlet, the actual performance difference is close to nothing. Also before the MR got here, there were some pre-release pics out that got my hopes up...We didnt get the blacked out headlights or the taillights on the USDM MR and personally i thought that was the coolest part.

But nonetheless welcome and good luck with your search! All i have to say is be ready for the modding bug, he's comin' for you!
Old Jan 30, 2005, 07:44 PM

Okay heres the thing lol I won't be getting a MR for like 3 years but IDK lol I have a big love and passion for import cars and I hope the MR price will go down by then I just hope I will be able to find it then.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 07:45 PM

is there like a certain age you have to be for this website? Just wondering.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 08:56 PM

I went to their website and I can't find any MRs on there housedj.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

How old are you? Three years from now the IX or even X will be out.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

I went to their website and I can't find any MRs on there housedj.
yay yuh! MR's in the US. been selling all over since............ at least 6 months im guessing.

if you're in SoCAL................. call Glendale Mitsubishi and ask for Joseph Hill. He owns an EVO himself and will hook you up accordingly. properly. yes. GL!!!!!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
The GSR is the plain 8, not the RS or the MR...at least from what I understand...and I'm still not sure that those are the only differences...I'm sure there's a few more, like the cool climate controls on the JDM..and the headlight housing is different...I'm not sure about performance stuff though...oh and lets not forget that it's LHD instead of RHD, that's a big difference, lol
There is a bit more than that that, its a 6 speed, aluminum roof, vortex generator, only 1000 being made in the US, the MR special color Graphite Grey, and everthing else u said. Yes it does cost more but its a limited car and since the IX will be comming out later on this year it means the MR will only be out for 1 year which will make it even more limited. Plus the MR will pretty much be the same as the IX except diff body style and probably more hp. Could be some other minor mods but will not really change until the X is out.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Okay heres the thing lol I won't be getting a MR for like 3 years but IDK lol I have a big love and passion for import cars and I hope the MR price will go down by then I just hope I will be able to find it then.
If u wait till then u wont be able to fine one, that is unless u want used and i doube there will be alot cuz most MR owners love them. Besides by then the X will be out. How old are u?

Quick Reply: Is MR sold in the US