Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: Sold sti to buy evo / sold evo to buy sti
sold sti to buy evo
79.41%
sold evo to buy sti
20.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: sold sti to buy evo/sold evo to buy sti

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dizzigital
i pity the fool who has traded their EVO for an STI.
Why is that?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

wtf? are you serious????

buy cmkx.pk

do not respond to this statement.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

The dealership I'm buying my Evo from took an '04 STi with pink springs, bigger rear sway bar, and exhaust as a trade on an '05 RS. That should tell you something about the handling out of the box of these Evos.

BTW...he said they are in no hurry to sell the STi. Now after people take a spin in an Evo they don't need to go down the street to the Suby dealership to compare it with an STi. They have modded dedicated test driver right there. LOL. He said it works everytime when the serious buyers come in.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

After this Evo, I probably won't get another one....nor an STi I want something different...like a Lotus Elise or something.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Where is the "I sold my Evo this past weekend to buy something with a little more substance" option?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smittyinva
Where is the "I sold my Evo this past weekend to buy something with a little more substance" option?
It's right after the "what kind of moron would ever sell his Evo" thread.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

i cant think of a $30,000 car with more substance than an evo unless, by substance, you mean a plush interior, fancy dash, cruise control, etc.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by evoland
Stupid poll!!!!!!!

Stupid post!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
funny u do this on the evolution forum, since most people who sold their Evo to get a STI is at clubwrx or nasioc.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
i cant think of a $30,000 car with more substance than an evo unless, by substance, you mean a plush interior, fancy dash, cruise control, etc.
By "substance" I mean the harmony of all the parts. The Evo has above-average performance and below-average everything else. Great for a track car, bad for a daily beater.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

By "substance" I mean the harmony of all the parts. The Evo has above-average performance and below-average everything else. Great for a track car, bad for a daily beater.
you're contradicting yourself. you say the evo doesnt have substance, but you point out that it has above-average performance. well, what defines substance in a car more than the engine (power) and its handling characteristics? mitsu had substance in mind with the evo. just imagine how much more you'd be paying if it had a bmw-like interior.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

04 Java black STi sold>03 Rally Red Evo VIII
Old Apr 5, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
you're contradicting yourself. you say the evo doesnt have substance, but you point out that it has above-average performance. well, what defines substance in a car more than the engine (power) and its handling characteristics? mitsu had substance in mind with the evo. just imagine how much more you'd be paying if it had a bmw-like interior.
You brought cost into the picture, I did not. I do not care about cost. I am VERY familiar with paying for BMW interiors and that is what I am talking about. I thought I was getting a great value with the Evo. Instead, I got a performance and nothing else. It is not a well-rounded car. A car that does everything well (not necessarily the best) is a great car. You equate performance with the essence of a car. That is fine, every Evo zealot does. The Evo was a definite downgrade and I will not make that mistake again.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

You brought cost into the picture, I did not. I do not care about cost. I am VERY familiar with paying for BMW interiors and that is what I am talking about. I thought I was getting a great value with the Evo. Instead, I got a performance and nothing else. It is not a well-rounded car. A car that does everything well (not necessarily the best) is a great car. You equate performance with the essence of a car. That is fine, every Evo zealot does. The Evo was a definite downgrade and I will not make that mistake again.
i agree with everything you said except the part that the evo doesnt have substance. it is pure, no frills substance. if performance is the definition of substance (most car enthusiasts will say so) than it has more substance than an M3 for comparison. Sure, it doesnt have the appeal, luxury, ride quality, etc. but those things, though important, are secondary to most evo owners.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

The Evo delivers exactly what it was designed to deliver; nothing more, nothing less. In some instances, less is more.

Maybe a little more research would have helped you to make an informed decision?

Quick Reply: Poll: sold sti to buy evo/sold evo to buy sti