Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Intake on ebay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Intake on ebay

i just have one quick question. I was lookin on ebay for some exhaust, they had the usual injen, aem, and rmr stuff on there. but the also had intake on there for like 35 bucks. now i am not sayin that its a good idea to buy it. but do you guys think about buyin it...and if it doesnt work to well just get rid or the airfilter it...keep the pipe and then just go and buy a K&N filter and put on it. or should i just fork out the dough and buy the rmr or aem.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

I purchased the one from racesonic (ebay ID) and it works fine. I originally purched the one from RRM but wanted to try another since I am not sure it would do much (if any) improvement at all.

A $30 investment over $150 to test was better for me. I like RRM, don't get me wrong, but for testing I would rather spend less money first.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm with yannotmi on that one. There are a TON of posts on intakes, and which are better than others. Personally though, I've heard some pretty good pros and cons on just about every one. Take Injen CAI for example: Great intake right? Until it breaks, because apparently quite a few people's have. If you buy a 30$ intake, and it doesn't work for you, you're only out 30$... and if you love it, you got a sweet deal.

One more thing. You might want to read this post, and the first article about intakes.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=intake

D
Old Jan 25, 2003, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

yup its not gonna make much difference but i dont think theres much hp gain anyways on a short ram but if u wanna get one from ebay is fine but i would jus get a k&n filter and make ur own heat shield and it would work jus as fine and doesnt new pipings wit it...since i got a rmr intake it came wit jus the filter and a heatshield and it sounds pretty nice
Old Jan 26, 2003, 07:54 PM

Thanks guys!!! i appericate it. ill be sure to do somemore research>
Old Jan 28, 2003, 03:18 AM

Well I'll first off and say a intake is an intake. Does the same thing and your gonna get pretty much the same gains. This is comparing short ram vs short ram and cold air vs cold air. As for ebay, I'm always a little nervous ordering stuff from there. You never know what could happen. As the guy said above, you could make your own. Which by all means is just as good as you buying one if you make it right. So if I were you, I would just either save up for a more popular one or make one. Again this is my opinion and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you do.

Jason