Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Wreckless Driving Defence?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wreckless Driving Defence?

I just got a wreckless driving about 10 minutes ago, court date is on the 12th. I was doing 88 in a 55 in dry conditions and empty road. I am wondering what defence people have used? Please dont post plead guilty if you are tempted to just dont bother. 86 and over is a wreckless... so i missed it by 2 mph
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

1. Get a traffic lawyer

You can go to traffic school to reduce points, but just to be safe I would get a lawyer. Don't listen to the clowns who tell you deserve the ticket.

Insurance for anyone under 25 years of age even with a clean driving record is out of control especially in tri-state area, so give them hell in court.

Might be a good idea to invest in a valentine v1.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm, why is it set at 86? is that b/c it's 31 over? I got a 71/40 most recently, but it was straight speeding, not carless/imprudent.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

holy shi t....was the cop using the radar gun? ...First things first...plead not guilty by callin up the number on the ticket...then when you go see the DA/Prosecutor...he'll definitely cut a deal with you and maybe reduce it to something like 76 in a 55...then it will just pass as speeding ticket...the prosecutors are generally nice enough to reduce the speed recorded since there is always an arguement about radar recalibration and all that BS.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Lawyer.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

He told me it was 86. 31 over is probably why.. im just wondering if the radar can be faulty by 2 mph and i can fight it? anyone with any knowledge on the accurascy of those things? My guess is they are almost perfect.... Im hoping it would drop to a speeding... and I am reading the other post of the guy that got out of speeding in CA but im wondering if anyone has aproached this in tristate or CT
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah....Defensive driving school for 6 hours in one day to reduce the maximum of 2 points
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

get a lawyer and a valentine v1.

I got a reckless, Took a driver improvement class before the court date pled guitly with explantion (first offence, and driver improvement class), and still got the reckless, it was a bad day 88 in a 55. I think thats why our cars should have crusie control. I would have set it and only got a speeding ticket.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

The gun might not be calibrated right, so I guess it's possible. I've heard these things about guns.

1 The cop has to get that speed 2x on his gun to pull you over
2 The records for calibration are kept at th PD and it's on the officer using the car/ gun to have it checked.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

anyone wanna sell me a v1...
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

2x ... the second i saw him i slamed it down to 75... not making it too obvious
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

protest it. if he was using a radar gun it could off because if was not recently calibrated. obviously you are guilty of speeding. so plead guilty to speeding which would make the judge think your a honest guy but defened yourself by saying you were only going 77-80 which would get you out of a reckless driving ticket.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:02 PM

Skip the lawyer, it would probably be more than the ticket. Look up the vehicle code section from your states vehicle code. Memorize it for court. Ask the officer questions on all the elements of the crime, and see if he trips up.
Also, ask the officer when he went to radar school, where, how long, and the last time he updated his schooling. His radar is more than likely calibrated, but ask anyway.
Then, go on and tell the judge about your sterling record, that no one else was around, that you where not endangering anyone to call it "reckless", etc. Remember the golden rule, though: DO NOT LIE.
The judge probably will reduce it since you showed enough interest to come to court.
And the officer may not show up.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

generally when you are assigned a court date the officer who wrote you the ticket is going to be present for all the tickets he had written for the past week or month or whatever. anyway first find out what days the officer doesn't work and then call and ask to have your court date change to a day that he is off. If the officer is off work he probably won't show up for the new court date. if he doesn't show you can plead not guilty and walk away with not ticket at all. A friend of mine did this when he got a ticket in high school. Even if the judge knew you were speeding he couldn't punish you because the cop wouldn't be there to say you were guilty
Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=156948

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving Defence?