Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Weird reading with the Innovative XD-1 Gauge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird reading with the Innovative XD-1 Gauge

Hi guys I just installed the Innovative XD-1 Gauge and hocked it up to LC-1 and my Gauge sits at idle on 4.7 A/R is that how the Gauge is supposed to show is in it supposed to show 14.7 A/R any advise would be appreciated thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Are you Spliting the signal wires to anything else?

did you cut the wires and rejoin them (to shorten the harness)?

I know that if you do vut them you musr CRIMP them, not solder as the solder interferes with the signal voltage (I had that problem - with another make)

if you drive the car do you see a 1 infornt of the other digits at all? or is it only at idle?

Mike
Old Feb 2, 2006, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

It’s basically at Idle and when I am driving, I never see 1 in front of any digit.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should visit their forums. they have staff's who will answer your problems

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/index.php
Old Feb 2, 2006, 02:56 AM
Evolving Member

Did you do the free air calibration?
Old Feb 2, 2006, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigyellowevo
Did you do the free air calibration?
yeah, sounds like a messed up install, or a lack of calibration.

best of luck.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

I cant get mine to calibrate properly. Innovate is being very supportive. I'm on my second sensor and it still doesn't want to work so I think the problem might be in the lc-1 itself. I took it to have it installed on the second sensor and they had the same problems. hmmm.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

If you did not do the free air calibration, it wont show a correct reading. I suggest reading the manual if you haven't already.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RREvo
Hi guys I just installed the Innovative XD-1 Gauge and hocked it up to LC-1 and my Gauge sits at idle on 4.7 A/R is that how the Gauge is supposed to show is in it supposed to show 14.7 A/R any advise would be appreciated thanks.

I crimped my first innovate. After buying a second one for another vehicle I soldered it. I am too seeing the 4.7-7 range during driving, with random 20 to o2 readings on the display. I am going to try and cut the ground and unsolder it, and crimp to see if that fixes it. Innovate is also being very supportive of my situation. The weird thing is that my xd read perfectly for 10 miles, then it flipped out and started doing what you described. Also make sure its set to default gasoline in the setup.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RREvo
You have to connect the laptop to it and recalibrate the unit. It has to read in Gasoline and then do the free air again. Sometimes when you unplug the unit while power is on it will go into custom settings. Simple fix.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I crimped my first innovate. After buying a second one for another vehicle I soldered it. I am too seeing the 4.7-7 range during driving, with random 20 to o2 readings on the display. I am going to try and cut the ground and unsolder it, and crimp to see if that fixes it. Innovate is also being very supportive of my situation. The weird thing is that my xd read perfectly for 10 miles, then it flipped out and started doing what you described. Also make sure its set to default gasoline in the setup.
Again if you have had a breakin the connection while the power was on to the unit it will do this.
YOU MUST go into the software and tell it you want it to read in Gasoline. Next youmust do the free aircal again.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

^+1

You have to connect the laptop and set the gauge to read for gasoline, mine did this to me at some point while I was reprograming the gauges, I did not notice that I had switched the calibration on the gauge and it started reading exactly as you described.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

++++++1 to what everyone said. plug in that serial cable and config the software
Old Jun 23, 2007, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

they have excellent support on their forum, I wouldn't hesitate to check it out.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Planet Evo
You have to connect the laptop to it and recalibrate the unit. It has to read in Gasoline and then do the free air again. Sometimes when you unplug the unit while power is on it will go into custom settings. Simple fix.
Yea I forgot all about this post, It did this several times. The actual problem was the settings going back to custom. It was due to my serial to usb adapter, had to actually unplug the innovate from the adapter to get it to stop going back to custom. I left it soldered which is better and the directions do state to solder the connections. My last innovate I had a laptop with a serial port so the issue was with the adapter. Very easy fix. Hope the original poster got his problem fixed.