Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just Traded 06 STI for Evo 9 IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Traded 06 STI for Evo 9 IX MR

Picked up my beast a week and a half ago or so now....here's a couple of pics:

I got the optional bilstein's and the BBS rims etc, has 6speed and all that, sat/GPS tracking,leather

It's a far quicker car than my 06 STI, mainly due to the additional revs the engine offers over the STI's engine, the torque isnt quite as strong as the 2.5L in the STI down low but it is still amazing for the engine size and then when boost hits low and very hard its amazing to hold it all the way to 7,700rpm and shift out etc (Ive only done once or twice of course, low kms!, only 700 so far). The brakes dont quite have the bite the STI's did but the STI i upgraded with EBC red stuff, the STI i also had upgraded with ECUTek, fuel pump and surge baffle and was making 191awkw stock exhaust though. Bought the Evo because the seating position, the body styling, the performance, the chassis, the feel and soul of the car are absolutely unbeatable.
Before the 06 STI I had a 275rwkw S14.5 (2000 model, was on cover of Zoom) that I owned from new and built up over 5 years, was an awesome car too. But it was time to go 4WD. Before the S14a (which became S14.5) i had an L18 N13 Pulsar FWD that was mildy warmed over, nothing to write home about but a great first car/nissan.

The Evo is easily the best car I've owned so far.

Just thought Id say hi and hope to be able to do some learning on here! already fixed that pesky A pillar windscreen squeak / rattle from the clips thank GOD after mitsubishi spend days trying to find it out, tools.

Trav

Last edited by troe666; Aug 20, 2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

oh how i wish us evos came witht the jdm rear bumper. nice choice in the color btw. love the rally red evo mr.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:33 AM

Nice ride and welcome!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

wow even in australia people are trading up from stis to evos.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Nice! I love that JDM rear bumper. I think I might have to go that route one of these days.

Congrats
Old Aug 20, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the EVO family.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:01 AM

Congrats... Wish mine had the option of leather seats and GPS tracking... Lucky Aussies getting the JDM bumpers -_-...
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys...

I didnt know they were different in the U.S.?! makes a change, us Aussies usually get the worst model(s) of the lot and no choice in the matter, lol.

so you dont get leather seats or the GPS location tracker system? (its just there so u can 'lock' the car to a physical location and if it gets moved you get an SMS sent to u) and also you can use the info button to initiate a sat phone call to mitsi 24x7 for a tow truck or directions or anything like that? its pretty cool and was included free. the only optional extra i paid for was the sports kit, i.e. bilsteins and the rims, making it basically an MR if it wasnt already ( 6 speed etc) however I dont get the option for sunroof...

what does US bumper look like compared to our JDM bumper?

I have custom numberplates coming next week, slimline silver background with black text saying 'EVOLVE' hehe not exactly very original i know but hey...

also getting the MRT XB kit fitted very shortly too, should make 220awkw post-ECUTek reflash. Cant wait!

Trav

Last edited by troe666; Aug 20, 2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the club!!!! You wont be in the back of the pack anymore....lol.
Congrats.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by troe666
thanks guys...

I didnt know they were different in the U.S.?! makes a change, us Aussies usually get the worst model(s) of the lot and no choice in the matter, lol.

so you dont get leather seats or the GPS location tracker system? (its just there so u can 'lock' the car to a physical location and if it gets moved you get an SMS sent to u) and also you can use the info button to initiate a sat phone call to mitsi 24x7 for a tow truck or directions or anything like that? its pretty cool and was included free. the only optional extra i paid for was the sports kit, i.e. bilsteins and the rims, making it basically an MR if it wasnt already ( 6 speed etc) however I dont get the option for sunroof...

what does US bumper look like compared to our JDM bumper?

I have custom numberplates coming next week, slimline silver background with black text saying 'EVOLVE' hehe not exactly very original i know but hey...

also getting the MRT XB kit fitted very shortly too, should make 220awkw post-ECUTek reflash. Cant wait!

Trav
Beautiful car. However I disagree that Australia gets all the crappy cars.....

Holden, (some) Opel, some of the Fords, Vauxhall, etc. If the domestics offered half of those cars in the States (under the "foreign" nameplates) they wouldn't be so far in the sh*t.

Anyway, very nice MR.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the Evo over the Sti and I love the color. Welcome to the evo community.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! nice color pick btw.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome!!EVO 9 pump out 270whp stock,~350whp BPU.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Sick car. Always nice to see another Rally Red owner.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Welcome too your NEW Familia" +1 Austrailia Converting too EVO's and ditching the S-T-WHY!?!?!? But dont get me wrong STI is still a bad as ride, but i gotta love th EVO more. Nice color choice too

Quick Reply: Just Traded 06 STI for Evo 9 IX MR