Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is $33,500 a good price for a new 2006 Evo SE?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought an '06 MR for $32.6k + license and tax here at Stevens Creek Mitsubishi in San Jose, CA last month. $2100 under invoice, with no factory incentives.

$35.6k out the door.

It helps when there are about 40 evos sitting on the lot.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yes...the laws of Supply and Demand at work as usual. Many cars waiting for few buyers is much better than the reverse. I also understand that the second half of December is a great time to buy a car, because most people are at the malls buying gifts so the car lots are deserted, and the dealers are trying to make calendar year sales goals and are more willing to offer low prices if it will help their annual bonus.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by tsair
I bought an '06 MR for $32.6k + license and tax here at Stevens Creek Mitsubishi in San Jose, CA last month. $2100 under invoice, with no factory incentives.

$35.6k out the door.

It helps when there are about 40 evos sitting on the lot.
do they still have that many?? i'm in San Jose myself and i'm in the market.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Another point I just remembered. When I bought my new RSX in 2003, the Acura sales people were very concerned about how buyers would fill out the post-sale customer satisfaction survey, because those results directly impacted their compensation. Buyers could leverage that and say something like "I'll give you excellent marks across the board if you'll take $1000 off the price of this car."

I have also used this as a bargaining chip with the service department. They are paid based partially on survey results also.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Earlier today I spoke with one of the contact people for the big SouthCoast/Long Beach/Victorville sale. He said they took a big risk buying ALL of the Evo factory's production for a given period. They got a good price with their dealer "group buy" so they can pass the savings on to us.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by evoatcha
Earlier today I spoke with one of the contact people for the big SouthCoast/Long Beach/Victorville sale. He said they took a big risk buying ALL of the Evo factory's production for a given period. They got a good price with their dealer "group buy" so they can pass the savings on to us.
so with them being so burdened with an abundance of Evos..does this mean they'll hook me up with a great APR??
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:11 AM

i bought mine for 37500 out the door at Victorville mitsubishi out door door back in Febuary for the MR GG

but keep in mind.. 06 cars will drop price tremendously in december, because its a 06 model
but its an EVO the h3ll you care?? haha

GET IT!!

tkc
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

i am told none of the dealers has received the SE or MR SE in california yet
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
i am told none of the dealers has received the SE or MR SE in california yet
Try the contacts below. I believe they are very well stocked and the prices are quite good:

Sept. 2 until Sept. 15 2006

Hello EVO Enthusiasts,

We are Mitsubishi Super Stores.com a group of Mitsubishi Dealerships that have pooled our resources together to offer EvolutionM Members the Ultimate EVO Super Sale with nearly 200 EVOs in stock at three convenient locations in Southern California. To view our inventory just click on the dealership name to visit our web sites. We can relocate and deliver the vehicle you want to your nearest of these three locations. We offer Competetive financing options as well. Our award winning service and parts departments employ some of the most knowledgeable Mitsubishi certified master elite technicians in Southern California. We also offer two easy to use online Parts catalogs with easy to follow illustrations so you can order the correct part for your EVO.www.partsformitsubishi.com and www.mitsubishicyberstore.com

1)
SouthCoast Mitsubishi
Our Inventory Apply Online Buy Parts Online Contact Us

Your contact person: Mark Mercado

#1 Mitsubishi Volume Dealer in Western United States , #1 Mitsubishi EVO Volume Dealer in the United States

2860 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA.92626

(888) 810-5153

Your contact person: Mark Mercado

#1 Fastest Growing Mitsubishi Dealer in LA County

4400 Los Coyotes Diagonal, LB., 90815

(888) 810-5153

#1 Mitsubishi Volume Dealer in Hi-Desert and the Winner of Triple Diamond Award since 2003 with over
60 EVOs in stock NOW

14644 Valley Center Dr, Victorville, CA. 92395
on Hwy 15 on your way to Las Vegas or back
(1-2 Hr Drive, depending on what you are driving)

Your contact person: Bob Marandi (G.M.)

(888) 810-5158

ALL MODELS AND ALL COLORS AVAILABLE, WE HAVE THEM ALL.
Buy today, Drive Today

**IN STOCK NOW**

If we don't have what you are looking for, we will find it and get it for you at no extra charge

YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR #1 GOAL

New Pricing

EVOLUTION IX GSR SE $29,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

EVOLUTION IX MR SE $33,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

EVOLUTION IX RS $26,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

EVOLUTION IX GSR $27,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

EVOLUTION IX SSL $31,299 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

EVOLUTION IX MR $32,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

*MR PACKAGE AND ZERO LIFT KIT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE*

***$625 DESTINATION CHARGE IS ALREADY INCLUDED INTO THE PRICE***

At Mitsubishi we reward our loyal customers with an additional $500 loyalty Rebate

*** You must be a Current Mitsubishi Registered Owner to Qualify for Loyalty Rebate***

***IF YOU ARE HAPPY WE ARE HAPPY***

SPECIAL OFFER FOR ALL EVOLUTION OWNERS!!!!!!!

EFFECTIVE JUNE. 15, 2006
WE OFFER ALL OUR LOYAL EVO OWNERS OIL CHANGES FOR YOUR EVO FOR $39.99 PLUS TAX AND OIL DISPOSAL AT ALL THREE LOCATIONS

****All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge.**Prices are subject to change without prior notice.**

Thank You Everyone for your support

30% OFF ON ALL OEM EVO PARTS

Email Me Now!!!

Get Your Shipping Quotes Now

Thank You
Mark M. or Mike S.
South Coast Mitsubishi
1-888-810-5153

Yahoo Messenger
Evolution_4_all
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

I got my evo for 27k last Oct at Brookdale. I've talked with two other evo owners in the Minn area who got cars from Brookdale and they seemed to have gotten their evos for around invoice also. Which dealership are you at? If you haven't tried Brookdale yet, give them a try because they seem to like to deal. I had a bad experience with Metro Mits so I don't recommend them. By the way I got a TB GSR.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stryderlis
I got my evo for 27k last Oct at Brookdale. I've talked with two other evo owners in the Minn area who got cars from Brookdale and they seemed to have gotten their evos for around invoice also. Which dealership are you at? If you haven't tried Brookdale yet, give them a try because they seem to like to deal. I had a bad experience with Metro Mits so I don't recommend them. By the way I got a TB GSR.
Wow, $27K sounds like a great deal. I'm not "at" any dealership, but I have visited Metro, Klein, and Brookdale just for reconnaissance at this point.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:37 PM

what does SE mean?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolrobert
what does SE mean?
The new Speacial Edition evo ix!! do ur reasearch man!!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SASD209
Were you looking for an '05 GG MR in July of '05? I was, and due to the laws of supply and demand, I was able to find one in Delaware for $40K. I looked from Maine to Virginia, and found ONE!. Do I think I was ripped off? No, I got the car I wanted. Paid a bit more than I really wanted, but I wanted the car more. So please place you comment in context next time.
You coulda got it from south coast for 32999 then paif 700 bucls to ship it to you. Out the door it woulda costed you 37000. I think 3 grand saving is better. Gee next time you want to throw away 3grand let me know my hands will be your trash can.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:57 PM

I bought my ww evo iX s.s.l. for 36,000 at roseville mitsubishi in ca last month, they marked every evo 4,000 for profit i guess. That evo was really 40,000 but like a said i got it for 36,000.

Quick Reply: Is $33,500 a good price for a new 2006 Evo SE?