Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo IX GG SE or EVO IX MR SE? Which One?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX GG SE or EVO IX MR SE? Which One?

Ive been seriously looking to trade my 05 RSX Typs S since September of last year. I checked out two 06 Evo 9`s, and i seem to be torn between the two.

Ironically the two cars i`ve checked out from October of last year is still available at my dealerships where i live. Seems they are having trouble unloading the Evos.

I think im getting a decent deal here.

If ive gotten the Graphite Gray dealership wants

$29999 + 595 doc fee and tag and title plus tax difference from the trade(16500 for my car) tax will be on($14000 -/+)($1000). I can roll the $2000 equity from the trade into my evo. This one is for the IX SE has 119 miles

The other one is the Black MR SE for $31999 + 299 doc fee and tag and title.
plus they are giving me my trade $17000. and be taxed the difference of ($15300)($1100) this one has 298 as a drove it again yesterday. Dealership knows they are selling it below what other dealerships are selling theirs for a $1000 off the bat. Might even go lower. Since theyve had the car since Oct of 06

I think the MR SE is a better deal since they are giving me more on my trade and we lower on the price of the car. from MSRP of $37K, which im sure nobody pays.

The IX SE i think coming from $33,000 to $29999 basically they are price matching Southcoast which i brough up. These guys wont budge from 29999.

What am i really missing if i went with the IX SE since my first choice in Color is Graphite Gray? Not really crazy about the Labrador Black. Ive had 2 black cars in the past theyre hard to keep clean. and easily chipped and scratch with highway driving.

I do like the ride on the MR and 6 speed seemed smoother to be especially on the highway. I read from the board that it seems weaker than the 5 speed conterpart.

Need help ASAP, i want to take home my new EVO this weekend if i could. Deal is on the table just need to make up my mind. Sucks that the Graphite Gray MR SE sold last week. that would have made my decision alot easier.

Im wondering if i`ll miss the cargo space on my RSX. I think the Evo is a better match with my S2000( wife is taking it). Originally bought her the RSX but she always steals the s2000, so what to do...

EVO owners any issues with the EVO in terms of reliability. I dont think i`ll be modding. My s2000 and RSX has been stock for 2 years now since we got them brand new. And if i mod i only want Bolt-ons.

Thanks for looking guys and your help...

Wilson
Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:18 AM

If you're fine w/o the 6 speed transmission and the bilstein suspension, then I'd say go for the color you would feel happy having. It bites looking at a car color you are not happy with.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

I think GG is the hottest color in its class. But i am not a big fan of the 6 Spd for the Evo. And i think the 5spd tranny is suppose to be stronger then the 6spd. But yeah if your not modding it but you want the hottest look stock possible the IX MR SE is definitly a good choice. But hey the IX SE is also very good but it doesnt have what the MR is offered. So its really a tough choice. Either way both cars are good. GL on your buy.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:25 AM

resale

Im thinking for the $2000 difference, but is it worth getting the MR SE because of resale value on the MR SE.

Man i am so confused right now... I also figured that the black when i owned them was relatively easy to paint the front easy match if it gets chipped. But your right the Graphite Gray is definitely the hottest color there is out there! I`d like the blue in SE but that isnt offered either.

So either i sacrifice paying a little more for the Black my 3rd choice($1500 incentive than the GG SE) or get a little less for my trade and pay more on that color that i want. Damn it really makes this easy decision... hard!
Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Resale value for all EVO will be nice man, dont worry you will lose and win some depending where you gonna take the car. But yeah GG is the way to go lol. Depending on your budget i guess. i would go for the IX SE and call it a day. and with that 2G you can buy whateva you want from the MR offers. like the Blistein and such. ^_^
Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Suzuka, both cars have amazing resale value.

The 6-speed may be a bit weaker, but I love my MR shifter and everything about the car.

The MR is going to be a better choice IMO. I'm biased, as will most EVO owners posting on here. I don't think you'll get anyone here to tell you to get the RSX over the EVO. The EVO is in it's own class. You get AWD, more HP, stronger engine, more mod capability, a nicer looking car... I mean, the list goes on and on. I think you're getting more bang for your buck with the EVO.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:55 AM

Yep honestly, get the color you like... Although I own a Graphite Grey....Everyday I wonder would it have been better if I waited for black.. =/
Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

EVO IX SE if it were me.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:23 AM

I have the GG. it's the best color. classy and matches great with carbon fiber accesories.

Originally Posted by AP2_SUZUKA
Ive been seriously looking to trade my 05 RSX Typs S since September of last year. I checked out two 06 Evo 9`s, and i seem to be torn between the two.

Ironically the two cars i`ve checked out from October of last year is still available at my dealerships where i live. Seems they are having trouble unloading the Evos.

I think im getting a decent deal here.

If ive gotten the Graphite Gray dealership wants

$29999 + 595 doc fee and tag and title plus tax difference from the trade(16500 for my car) tax will be on($14000 -/+)($1000). I can roll the $2000 equity from the trade into my evo. This one is for the IX SE has 119 miles

The other one is the Black MR SE for $31999 + 299 doc fee and tag and title.
plus they are giving me my trade $17000. and be taxed the difference of ($15300)($1100) this one has 298 as a drove it again yesterday. Dealership knows they are selling it below what other dealerships are selling theirs for a $1000 off the bat. Might even go lower. Since theyve had the car since Oct of 06

I think the MR SE is a better deal since they are giving me more on my trade and we lower on the price of the car. from MSRP of $37K, which im sure nobody pays.

The IX SE i think coming from $33,000 to $29999 basically they are price matching Southcoast which i brough up. These guys wont budge from 29999.

What am i really missing if i went with the IX SE since my first choice in Color is Graphite Gray? Not really crazy about the Labrador Black. Ive had 2 black cars in the past theyre hard to keep clean. and easily chipped and scratch with highway driving.

I do like the ride on the MR and 6 speed seemed smoother to be especially on the highway. I read from the board that it seems weaker than the 5 speed conterpart.

Need help ASAP, i want to take home my new EVO this weekend if i could. Deal is on the table just need to make up my mind. Sucks that the Graphite Gray MR SE sold last week. that would have made my decision alot easier.

Im wondering if i`ll miss the cargo space on my RSX. I think the Evo is a better match with my S2000( wife is taking it). Originally bought her the RSX but she always steals the s2000, so what to do...

EVO owners any issues with the EVO in terms of reliability. I dont think i`ll be modding. My s2000 and RSX has been stock for 2 years now since we got them brand new. And if i mod i only want Bolt-ons.

Thanks for looking guys and your help...

Wilson
Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:24 AM

black is crazy. always dirty and only looks nice right after a bath!
Originally Posted by edude
Yep honestly, get the color you like... Although I own a Graphite Grey....Everyday I wonder would it have been better if I waited for black.. =/
Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

I think you should go with the MR SE. I believe the current price on the MR SE is $32,999? And you said you weren't going to mod? Then you might want the Bilsteins and the smooth 6spd. It seems like it comes out to the same price since the car is $2k more but they're giving you $2k more for your trade. Get a clear bra on your front end like the day you purchase the car and just wash it every 2-3 weeks and you'll be set.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

ive never like grey, but thats my opinion. I think the 5pds get better mpg too.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

1-3 on the MR is stronger than the 5 speed. First gear on the MR is huge! 4th gear on the other hand isn't so great. Unless you can't shift for crap, you shouldn't be breaking 4th gear unless you're making 400+ hp, have the restrictor pill removed, a heavy duty clutch, and are slamming through gears.

If you drive a lot (commute) get the MR, the ride quality is definately better.

Another option though is get the IX SE, and buy some blisteins for it from the private for sale section. Tons of guys buy coilovers etc and sell their stock blisteins for cheap with low miles. If you REALLY don't want black (can't blame you, I have the GG MR) go this route and be happy!
Old Apr 19, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I was ready to buy my car, I was dead set on Wicked White. There was no question that it was what I wanted. Unfortunately, the dealership could not locate a white IX anywhere in the Midwest or even in the country (this was three months ago, so the Evos had stopped shipping). By that time, I had gotten the price down to around $30,000 by calling Southcoast on the phone and getting a quote on a new IX. Since the local dealership couldn't find the color I wanted, they were willing to give me a Graphite Gray for $28,500 right then and there. It came down to yes or no. They asked me flat out if I was going to drive an Evo home that night. I told them I would sleep on it, knowing full well that I would feel like crap every time I saw a WW Evo from that moment on if I had one in another color.

I went home and called Southcoast. They said they had one (!) white IX left in stock. I booked tickets for California. A few hours before we were set to fly, I got a call from the dealership. Someone had just traded in a Wicked White IX MR with 3,000 miles on the odometer and they were willing to give it to me for under $30,000. I jumped on it. I hadn't even been in the market for an MR, and managed to get one in the color I wanted close to home for around the same price I would have paid for a new white IX at Southcoast. If I had only said yes when they asked me if I wanted the Graphite Gray that night, someone else would be driving my car right now.

Moral of the story: if you know in your heart that you really, really want a certain color, don't settle for anything else. You aren't buying the car for a day or two. You'll be happy you did later.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:38 PM

I think my biggest problem is my heart was set on the GG IX MR SE, but since they sold it last week, im having remorse . I guess at this time i might go for the IX SE over the MR. But who knows where my S2K will take me this Saturday.

I`ll keep y`all posted...

Which one would keep up with a stock Vortech S/C S2000 better no bolt ons? MR SE or IX SE?
I think thats what i would choose since i want something just a tiny bit faster...

Thanks
Wilson

Quick Reply: Evo IX GG SE or EVO IX MR SE? Which One?