Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

AEM Oil Pressure Gauge Help

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Oil Pressure Gauge Help

I recently installed my AEM oil pressure gauge and hooked it up correctly. It seemed to work in the beginning reading around 40 psi cold. After running for a few minutes it just read (---). I dont know if it has something to do with after the oil warming up or what? When it was reading 40psi it seem to only read it when i was in neutral. when i went into gear it went right to (---), but when i took it back to neutral and took my foot off the clutch hit read 40psi. but like i said very soon after it went and stayed at (---). any help???
Old May 23, 2007, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the --- on AEM gauges is normally a measurement out of range. Like when I go over like 18 AFR with my wideband it goes ---
Old May 23, 2007, 06:20 AM
Account Disabled

Its out of range..........do you know the range for the gauge?
Old May 23, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Something is not right - your oil pressure should not be over 140 psi - most stay below 100 psi, I believe. If its accurate, you have some major issues

Where is the sending unit installed? Location could have something to do with it. Did you use the Bolsen DIY in the how-to forums? The oil filter hex bolt is the best location...

Things to consider:

- Check the installation
- Perhaps you have a bad or incorrect sending unit
- Also, AEM has forums for their gauges where you can post up!

Hope this helps!
Old May 23, 2007, 10:52 AM

yes i used the hex head install that bolsen recommended. the same one too, the one on the drivers side. the funny thing is is it worked at first idling at 45 then it just stopped working. ive checked my cables and they are still all hook up right. i cant get a single reading now. i waited over night and checked the oil level and everything. it goes threw its start up then it will not give me nothing. dont that sound like the sender crapped out on me.
Old May 23, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, sender, gauge or possibly both. Time to call AEM!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

I have a question in line with this topic. My oil pressure gauge only goes to 100 psi . At idel after warmed up the car reads between 60-80psi. When i am driving 75mph it is around 100psi. My question is if i get on it the needle maxes out. Should i be worried about going over 100psi. I would assume i just need a new gauge that is made to go up to 150psi.

Any help would be great!!

-Greg

Originally Posted by EvoIXMR
Something is not right - your oil pressure should not be over 140 psi - most stay below 100 psi, I believe. If its accurate, you have some major issues

Where is the sending unit installed? Location could have something to do with it. Did you use the Bolsen DIY in the how-to forums? The oil filter hex bolt is the best location...

Things to consider:

- Check the installation
- Perhaps you have a bad or incorrect sending unit
- Also, AEM has forums for their gauges where you can post up!

Hope this helps!