Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Anti Lag System?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anti Lag System?

I just wanted to know what and how does the Anti Lag System (ALS) work?

Last edited by Boostin4g63; Jul 8, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go vta with a tune on the richer side (not recommended btw) and you should be able to shoot some flames between shifts. Honestly though shooting flames does not make your car any faster. I would speculate that it would actually mean that you're not using the full potential of your car, but whatever makes you happy...
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 34Turbo
Go vta with a tune on the richer side (not recommended btw) and you should be able to shoot some flames between shifts. Honestly though shooting flames does not make your car any faster. I would speculate that it would actually mean that you're not using the full potential of your car, but whatever makes you happy...
Is backfiring good or bad or is it normal after u install a turbo back exhaust? Im about to get a tbe with testpipe?
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Its neither good or bad. It could mean your tune is a little rich, a lot rich, your plugs are misfiring etc... Also, it could depend on multiple conditions such as the outside air temperature, humidity etc... as well.

Eliminating the cat will definitely increase the chances of you shooting flames considering evos come on the richer side out the factory but the question is why do you want to shoot flames?
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Which Tbe???

Originally Posted by 34Turbo
Its neither good or bad. It could mean your tune is a little rich, a lot rich, your plugs are misfiring etc... Also, it could depend on multiple conditions such as the outside air temperature, humidity etc... as well.

Eliminating the cat will definitely increase the chances of you shooting flames considering evos come on the richer side out the factory but the question is why do you want to shoot flames?

I just thought it looked cool, u know flames commin outta the exhaust. but if it aint good for the car then screw it. I dont care much about it. BTW what TBE do u guys suggest. I dont want it to be too loud, but i want the most power outta it. Please Help. Thanx for the reply guys
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

I love my Tanabe Concept G... but its LOUD at WOT
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostin4g63
very basically it is used so there is no turbo lag...and from launch, full boost is achieved.

fire is emitted from the exhaust because with ALS the ignition is changed so that fuel and air is ignitted in the exhaust manifold...which keeps your turbo spooling...

since it will destroy your turbo...unless you are racing your car on the track or in rallys...there is no use for it on the street...

if you want fire out your exhaust, maybe you should look at a 2 step or something like that...
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

I just thought it looked cool, u know flames commin outta the exhaust. but if it aint good for the car then screw it. I dont care much about it. BTW what TBE do u guys suggest. I dont want it to be too loud, but i want the most power outta it. Please Help. Thanx for the reply guys
I went with Apex'i GT spec series and put on a ultimate racing 3" test pipe and it works great but it is hella loud especially now with my cams in. Buschur very good and you will get good power, megan, fujitsubo is quiet, RSR exmag, Greddy EVO 2 is also pretty quiet.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Combustion in any place other then where the energy can be utilized is useless To shoot a fireball (on purpose), in my opinion, is really hackneed. Why would you want to do something ricey like that. I mean when you see some of the "Bigger" guys do it it is not done on purpose it is just the way the car is running at that time. Sure it looks cool but the car is high profile enough as it is do you really need the cops pulling you over cause your car is backfiring ?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Oui, yet another person watching Two Fast too Idiotic.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:45 AM

I believe it involves tapping an additional injector into your header spit gas in the manifold when you let off the throttle. This will create an explosion as and spin the turbine. The turbine will maintain speed so there will be boost when you come back on the throttle. This is very stressful on the turbo.

Edited for me being a retard.

Last edited by S1MPSONS; Jul 10, 2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S1MPSONS
I believe it involves tapping an additional spark plug into your header to ignite the unburnt fuel/o2 left in the manifold when you let off the throttle. The turbine will maintain speed so there will be boost when you come back on the throttle. This is very stressful on the manifold as you can imagine.
You believe wrong.

Scorke
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

^also the manifold doesn't give a **** about the explosions, the turbo does a hell of a lot though.

Scorke
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by scorke
You believe wrong.

Scorke
Correct me then. jeez. I want to know too.

Edited...

Last edited by S1MPSONS; Jul 10, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S1MPSONS
Correct me then. jeez. I want to know too.
When the driver lifts his foot from the gas pedal the ignition timing is altered with sometimes 40° or more of delay (retard) and the intake air and fuel supply mixture is made richer. The inlet butterfly is kept slightly open or an air injector is used to maintain air supply to the engine. This results in air/fuel mixture that keeps getting in the combustion chambers when the driver no longer accelerates. The ignition being delayed, the air/fuel mixture reaches the exhaust tubes mostly unburned. When the spark plug fires, the exhaust valve is starting to open due to the ignition delay mentioned above. Additionally, the exhaust temperature being extremely high, the unburned fuel explodes at the contact of the exhaust tubes. Luckily the turbo sits right there and the explosion keeps it turning (otherwise it would slow down since its intake, the exhaust gases, is cut-off).

Scorke

Quick Reply: Anti Lag System?