Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Air Force or military in general.... concerns Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have military car insurance USAA?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Im in the Army , E-5 and and i go through USAA and my Insurence is is about 1,000 every 6 months, 160-170 a month
Old Jun 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am and i have one.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Longbluesquid
how you guys on the forums are in the military, and how many you guys have Evo's..because im going into the Air Force im wandering if anyone enlisted has evo's How much insurance? and the car payments?
I have an evo and I also happen to be an active duty air force recruiter. pm if you have questions
Old Jun 15, 2008, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

I'm active Army. Air Force is definately good choice. Not to flame Airmen but they carry pistol and drives American SUVs here in Iraq. Also they only deploy for 6 months(2 months of training so 4 months of actual tour) and gets more paid than Army does(also more free time). In Army, you do whatever it needs to be done(technician at ECP,recovery mission, etc), drives hummv, and carry m16 or m4.
I love Army but we are asked to do too much stuff.
paying $539 month and insurance is $900 for 6 months.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

im an e4 in the Navy(CB'S). been in for 2yrs and 4 mos now.went on my first deployment(saved a bunch of money i.e. hazard pay,BAS,BAH,per diem,etc.)got a loan for a little over $21k from navyfcu. bought my first EVO, paying a little less than $500 bucks/mo.insurance $125 mo.driving an AWD monster? PRICELESS.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

active army...bought the evo cash and insur is like 1,300 but thats cuz im stationed in germany
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Active U.S. Army E4, I pay 475 for my MR (got a short loan) and my insurance for a full year is 1100 registered in my home state of MA, which is like the 2nd most expencive state to insure in. But its all worth it. I also pay for my wifes car and insure her car to. I got my loan through USAA and they hooked me up (bought the car while I was in Iraq), but they gave me a crappy quote on insurance. That's why I stick with my home state. Plus, I'm not running WA plates on my car. Eff that.

Good luck in the AF man. I've got buddies in every branch and we all allways joke we should have gone AF.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

get deployed....tax free money FTW
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

I've been in the Army for a little over 4 years now. I'm 22yrs old and I pay 151$ a month for insurance on the Evo and a 2000 Focus ZX3 and that's for my wife and I through State Farm. The car payment is around 600$ a month and thats with about 6000k cash down.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:00 AM

i'm in the air force for the past 8 years and able to afford my evo x with all the tax free money in iraq. Once I hit 25 my insurance went way down. $83 month at state farm.
Glad to see so many marines, soldiers and airman on the forums here. Most airman I work with don't know much about evos and don't respect them at all.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by joon82
I'm active Army. Air Force is definately good choice. Not to flame Airmen but they carry pistol and drives American SUVs here in Iraq. Also they only deploy for 6 months(2 months of training so 4 months of actual tour) and gets more paid than Army does(also more free time). In Army, you do whatever it needs to be done(technician at ECP,recovery mission, etc), drives hummv, and carry m16 or m4.
dude...we all make the same. I've been over there a couple of times, last time I was in Bagram with the 10th Mountain Division...we make the same. Base pay, BAS, tax free, hazards duty, BAH if you live off base.

And I'm a cop in the Air Force aka Air Force's Army...we do exactly what you guys do, just shorter tours. 6+ month tours but hell lot better than 12-18 months like you guys. We also carry M9, M4,M16, M203, M249, M240...among others. Not all air force is a BOB.

But, buying an Evo as a first car brand new to the AF is a pretty bad idea...like everyone says...you only make about 1100 a month after taxes...you figure 400 a month on car payment (that's 20,000 loan for 5 years) 150+ for insurance plus gas...that's over half of your paycheck. Save up for a good size deposit. Get a POS for cheap and drive that while you save up money and see where you're at before you just jump into an Evo.

I've been in almost 6 years....I'll be out in 18 days to be exact. I'm SF, I used to love it but it's not for me anymore. If you don't want to be a cop, make sure you come in with a guaranteed job. My suggestion, don't come in as a cop. Law Enforcement mission is going away within a few years with not sooner. Your mission will be security, deploy and train. I'm getting out to be a cop cause that's what I like to do.

After working my 14 hour shift last night, the whole squadron came in in our service blues (you'll learn what that is soon enough) and got a nice 2 hour *** chewing from the capt and senior. It came with the job...so DON'T COME IN AS A COP!

Best of luck to you. AF was a great ride, I don't regret it, I'm just ready to move on.

Last edited by flyingwangwang; Jun 15, 2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:59 PM

yea i plan on saving for a while...
Old Jun 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by cpoevo
I am a Chief in the Navy and I have no problem affording my Evo except for the wife. I f you are gonna have a nice car stay single. Hell stay single no matter what.
Best reply yet....nice one, Chief!
Old Jun 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by joon82
A pissing contest between the services is not what I need here......keep it ON TOPIC pleaase.

SASD209

Quick Reply: Air Force or military in general.... concerns Evo's