Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Does anyone in Socal get crap(pulled over) for having gauges on the A-pillar?????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone in Socal get crap(pulled over) for having gauges on the A-pillar?????

what the title says, i have one gauge(boost) so far and ima try to buy my oil temp and pressure in a couple weeks. and i wanna no if anyone in socal get **** for having them there, or if it makes your chances of getting pulled over higher(i might get them in black swade) if i dont put them there then im putting them in the lower front console where the MRs gauges ussually are. thanks for the info in advance....
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yes...Do not put them anywhere visible to anyone looking in for two reasons:

1. You will get pulled over, end of story. Cops here look for any reason to pull over us Evo "Douchebags"
2. It just begs thieves to break into your car to steal all your cool ricer gear.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

If you drive and Evo, you're just gonna get crap PERIOD!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<~~~~ Hopes he never gets rolled....
Old Jul 30, 2008, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvbf1
If you drive and Evo, you're just gonna get crap PERIOD!
I agree with this statement------------- +1
Old Jul 30, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

so would the bottom console be good. or no, where should i put them. i dont like the steering colume cause i will have three and i dont want 1 just somewhere. so theres the upper console or lower console, i kinda wanna have a alpiine slide out tv headunit so i think the only other place is the lower console. what do you guys think?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

bump upper or lower console(i thought the lower console cause i dont need to look at my gauge the whole time). just a quik look every now and then, let me no what you guys think, upper or lower, thanks
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

I've been pulled over because of my wing, because of not having a front license plate, and just because I have an Evo. The gauges will attract negative attention from the cops when they come to your window after they have pulled you over because of your wing, loud exhaust, license plate or stuff like that.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

so both places are fine, for the upper and lower console, cause they cant see them driving by or anything
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

search for blitz mirror gauges... at least those make the face invisible when they arent on...
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nawaz
I've been pulled over because of my wing, because of not having a front license plate, and just because I have an Evo. The gauges will attract negative attention from the cops when they come to your window after they have pulled you over because of your wing, loud exhaust, license plate or stuff like that.
Once pulled over, they can issue you a ticket no matter where the guages are, whether theyre in the lil cubby hole or on the pillar... Dont drive like an ****, and speak respectfully to the cop, if pulled over, and "HOPE" hes not a dick, is pretty much the only option. I really hope that I dont run into a cop having a bad day, and get rolled, just for guages, but anything can happen in Cali!
I have mine on my pillar. IMHO... Put the guages where you want them!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

the gauges im getting you cant see when there not on, but yeah ill figure where i want to put them(within the 2 spots) and if i get pulled over then ill tell them why i have them. lol
Old Jul 30, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

I just got a flip out head unit and i put my gauges on the lower console pod. if you get the autometer lower console pod its designed so the gauges face you.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

how well can you see your gauges, is it hard to look at them every once in a while
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nonschlont
IMHO... Put the guages where you want them!
Yeah....Just put the gauges where you want to. The cops are going to try to fnd a way to pull you over any way possible. I'll get pulled over for my loud exhaust pretty soon I bet. I haven't been pulled over for that yet, but I bet I will. Oh well and the hell!

Quick Reply: Does anyone in Socal get crap(pulled over) for having gauges on the A-pillar?????