Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Which one should I buy 06 MR or 06 SE?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WickedIXMR
Youre on crack if you really think the SE is stronger. They have same exact engine as a regular evo same turbo same everything comparing to an evo 9 so i dont know where you get that stupid fact from.

To the OP. Get the Se instead of the Mr. I have an Mr myself and my car made 400whp and the 6 speed at that power level will not hold it for long which is why I had to spend lots of money to get a swap. The 5 speed on the other hand is much stronger and on the highway theyre both gonna be pretty much the same.
Your post about swapping is in respect to road racing correct? Not daily driving?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Youre on crack if you really think the SE is stronger. They have same exact engine as a regular evo same turbo same everything comparing to an evo 9 so i dont know where you get that stupid fact from.

To the OP. Get the Se instead of the Mr. I have an Mr myself and my car made 400whp and the 6 speed at that power level will not hold it for long which is why I had to spend lots of money to get a swap. The 5 speed on the other hand is much stronger and on the highway theyre both gonna be pretty much the same.
I don't think he's on crack. He's referring to the 5spd tranny being stronger than the 6spd.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 03:04 PM

I would stick to a 5 spd if you are going to be tracking the car. You may want to look at a 2006 GSR which would save you some $$ for more mods.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
I don't think he's on crack. He's referring to the 5spd tranny being stronger than the 6spd.
Why dont you learn how to read. Heres his post.

Originally Posted by BalistiK_EvoIX
SE For sure, it has proven to be stronger.
Now where in that post do you see him talking about a transmission? He said the SE has proven to be stronger and in that sentence it means the SE makes more power just worded differently, no where in that sentence does it say anything about a transmission being stronger.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

SE all day.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Why dont you learn how to read. Heres his post.

Now where in that post do you see him talking about a transmission? He said the SE has proven to be stronger and in that sentence it means the SE makes more power just worded differently, no where in that sentence does it say anything about a transmission being stronger.
There is no reason to assume that post was implying 'stronger' meaning power over 'stronger' referring to the transmission. In fact, in the context of the discussion, where transmission is mentioned more often than power, you should have been lead to believe he was referring to transmission strength. Besides your erroneous conclusion, it was completely unnecessary to post in the tone that you did.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

SEx.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 04:55 AM

Get a SE I have a MR that I love but in the back of my head I know I'll have to do a trany swap some day. I just figure By that day I'll want a built trany anyway.$$$$
Old Nov 7, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Please tell me you didn't spend the money on a 5 speed swap for a street car with only 400hp...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Where does everyone get this tranny swapping crap from? On the TRACK I would agree, the 6 spd. has been known to blow 4th gear due to overheating, but on the STREET your tranny will NEVER see that kind of abuse. I know and have seen people run 500+ hp 35r's on a 6spd. with zero problems. Don't quote but I believe Warrtalon dragged with a 6 for quite a while...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a quote from Meeh Lucky IX @ eipracing, ca: "I have a Evo 9 MR 6speed with 500whp and 407wtq on a Mustang dyno running a Quarter Master Twin Clutch haven't had any issues with the tranny so far and with different power levels this car has prolly seen over 150+ launches as it's used as a drag car 16k miles as it was daily driven for the first year of ownership back in 2006."
Old Nov 7, 2008, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My vote goes towards the IX SE instead of the MR.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 08:03 AM

Se

SE I have an 06 SE that I use as a DD. 50 miles a day and I use the Parkway,Turnpike,Rt 18 and Rt 1 here in Jersey. 2800-3000 rpm's keeps me at about 65mph and gets me around 25mpg. Aside from running the mileage up its excelent to drive. SE FTW
Old Nov 7, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

get the MR SE, best of both worlds.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

egt the SE no questions asked! i loved my 5spd. but i did alot of drag racing... I have never had a 6spd drove a 6spd mr for like 2 weeks and didnt really care for it.. but thats just my opinion