Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How bad was she abused?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How bad was she abused?

I might pick up an 04 Evo from a local mitsu dealership. Looks stock. Stock air intake, but who knows if that was slapped in there. Has 53K miles. Drives fine, the brakes squeked kind of loud.

I didnt notice any noise from the tranny or transfer case. The inspection says it has a new clutch and timing belt. Dunno if thats bs or not. Never driven one before -do they always have a stiff *** clutch pedal? =) My 96 integra was marshmellowy soft!

They wanted 19,997, and after a few hours they were down to 19200. Before I left, I said I would do 19000. They told me my Edmunds TMV printouts were BS! Is that true? This car is suposed to be around 17 or 18K not 19,997! They told me that TMV is not accurate.

The hood has small dent with -yes- whiteout where the paint came off. Not too big a deal. Tires are worn to about 70% tread but they have the old rubber cracks (very small) and that doesnt seem cool. The CF wing's clear coat is peeling due to sun damage. No good! Also, the plastic inner-fender pieces are all partially damaged. Same on my integra because somone put huge wheels on it. But suposedly the evo was left stock!!
The interior is ok, nothing fancy -also no hold from aftermarket guages that i can see. BUT. The center console around the stick is all peeling and looks crappy.

Seeing as how there are no other 04 EVOs available (which I cant afford 05 or 06 even though I have a love connection with tho 06) it might be the only car available for now. Again, it SEEMS mechanically sound, the oil looked very clean. I didnt see any leaks, except on the oil filter it self. It has some oild on it. God i hope its tight! I have heard of those things falling off because someon didnt tighten enough!

Whats the concensus?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:55 AM

it most likely has aftermarket clutch and brakes. Clutch shouldn't be too hard and since the brakes squeak theyre more than likely aftermarket. I doubt theyre worn out since the dealer wouldnt really sell a car with worn out brakes but you can can probably get them to change those out for you. It seems this car was modded and abused before due to the clutch and the fender liners being messed up. i would proceed with caution maybe take someone you know or ask a fellow member close to you to help you check out the car more. Good luck!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:11 AM

You can buy mine LOL its never even been raced 'at the track' so it still has the stock clutch and holding just fine it has less miles and already comes with an alarm system! Only thing is I am asking for 22.5. Pics of the car are in the for sale part of the forum. I may have a few buyers so the car should go fast!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

thats a rip 19k for 53k miles? should be around 17000 i bought mine for 19k with 33k on it
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
keep looking that car is a train wreck waiting to happen or prepare to put some time and effort into restoring it not to mention that price is out of control they need to come waaaaay down mine 03 had 48200 on it and i got it for 17500 use that as your base and NO i did not get it in louisiana i got it in Philly i flew up there. Use kbb.com to find prices
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb I concur!

Originally Posted by N3VO
thats a rip 19k for 53k miles? should be around 17000 i bought mine for 19k with 33k on it
Yeah thats what I told them. I think an 05 (right down the street) would have been a better deal for that price. I will talk them to 18 today or I will walk away.

I forgot!! It has a carbon fiber front airdam.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

KBB seems high

Originally Posted by RockmanX
keep looking that car is a train wreck waiting to happen or prepare to put some time and effort into restoring it not to mention that price is out of control they need to come waaaaay down mine 03 had 48200 on it and i got it for 17500 use that as your base and NO i did not get it in louisiana i got it in Philly i flew up there. Use kbb.com to find prices

I looked at KBB and the prices were pretty high! In fact the internet sales guy pulled upp KBB too. My only artilery has been to bring up all the exterior and interior "cosmetic" defects. (The inner wheel fenders are obviously more than cosmetic and I think thats proof that somone wheeled it harder than normal)

Yeah the clutch is really stiff. But still very daiil driveable -i know its not a racing clutch as there isnt a real snap to it but I bet it is a performance clutch.
I will shoot as close to 17.5 and walk out if it is above 18

Oh yeah. Its Town and Country mitsu

Last edited by Xearo; Mar 27, 2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: cuz i ****ed up
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Wow!! Check this out!

Here is their ad on autotrader!! LOOK! They are calling it an MR!!! ITS NOT!!! I would take it if it was!! funny ****.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Incredible. I cant believe these guys stoop to that level.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:44 AM

Based on the picture of the interior, if it were MR, wouldnt it have the mitsu guages in it?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:00 AM

Those are stock images, isnt even actual images of the car.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
for real if they show that pile of shi..... i mean evo nobody would consider it unless they were gonna make it a drag car. just keep looking for real dont get trapped a somebody else problem they traded in to the dealer
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eh. thats not a good deal. too much damage, and too much for that mileage. that dealer is gay. lol.

make the drive to socal..you'll find a great car at a good price. i'll even let my friend sam (south coast mitsu's top salesman) know that you're coming from out of state. he's hooked up out of state guys pretty well since they went Way Out of their way
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:36 AM
Account Disabled

should e-mail them and put them on blast... it seems pretty bull****.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
19000 out the door sounds about right
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:52 AM
Account Disabled

i bought my 05 viii SSL with 39,000 miles for $20K... $19 is too much.

Quick Reply: How bad was she abused?